Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefer

Hello guys, i'm new on forum.

A lot of people have a VPS from Hostlower and they have all services offline from like 5 days without any answer (they have also their website offline).

Their website: https://www.hostlower.com/

Their official topic is closed by your staff.

http://www.wjunction.com/46-vps/1202...-mo-us-fr.html

I had order 1 month ago my VPS from 100tbh and some days ago they moved it to Hostlower.com.

Do you have the same issue? 5 days offline without any warning. Today their website is also offline.

I tried to contact 100tbh but they said to contact Hostlower...

I don't care about the hosting, but i need an emergency backup for my website.

If anyone have more informations, please post here!

Thank you,
Nefer

Last edited:
26 comments
No reply in website support
No reply in WJ Sales thread

Now whole website is offline .

That does not sound good at all.

Better prepare backups who have their services active daily .

@ Nefer .

My suggestion would be always keep a Remote FTP backup system ready which can do autobackup or even sending manual backup to safe place would be good .

A company that offers 100TB on a VPS.

LOL do research before you buy bro ^_^ that company must be ran by script kiddies

Thanks ScopeHosts.Sales for answer.

But how is that possible? I mean i paid only 2 months of hosting, and for people that paid like 1 year?

How they can close all and disappear like this?

The company Hostlower.com is the same 100tbh infact "Danny" the administrator of 100tbh answered also on some ticket on Hostlower.com support.

www.100tbh.com seems always online, and they said me to contact Hostlower.com for support.

The situation is very strange.

I want to know if someone using Hostlower has his servers online, or if all is down.

Cheers

Hello @DLow.

I always did research about hosting, and yes i found some bad review but the domain www.100tbh.com was on top 100.000 alexa and WOT addon doesn't give negative reputation so i give them a try.

100tbh.com with their price/server could give what i was looking for. First month was perfect, no problem... amazing server/speed.

Is when they moved my server to Hostlower.com that problems started.

Last edited:
Alexa is out dated when it comes to rankings.

you could look at 2 Million sites and half of those will show in the top 100.000

I'm an old customer since their name was seedboxone. The rebranding history is as the following: Seedboxone -> 100TBh -> HostLower. All of them are owned by Danny. The support is never good in the first place, but it's the first time they disappeared so many days. I have used his service for two years, and I know it was a one-man business, although he said he hired a person last year.

After 100TBh started providing 1Gbps unmetered VPS, my friends and I also paid for these VPS. We all know the support is terrible, but we also understand we can be very happy if we don't need to contact the support. Before Danny decided to shift his location from NL to FR, we only had a few issues. We didn't need to contact with Danny frequently, so we were happy. Everything was wonderful, until he shifted all servers to FR. After Danny shifted servers to FR and changed the company name from 100TBh to HostLower, almost all FR VPS are down every weekends. Danny never gave us any explanation, and finally he disappeared.

When RapidShare announced the new storage policy, one of my friend even bought additional 2 FR VPS from HostLower in order to transfer his 28TB data. And last weekend, all his FR VPS are offline. He could always see Danny on the Skype, but Danny didn't reply him any words. He also tried to send a SMS to the mobile phone shown in Danny's Skype account, but he is still unable to get any answers from him. I'm not sure if he lost his €195.00 sent to Danny, but I'm sure he must pay for a dedicated server to transfer his data and Danny won't give him any compensation. If Danny finally come back next week or next month and all data are lost, according to our experience, he will only ask him to create a ticket so that he can add the down time to his service.

In Danny's Webmoney passport page, we can see his address that he filled in the system, but who knows whether it's his real address or not. We are not living in UK. I can confirm he is living in UK -- he ever used the reason that he cannot withdraw money from his Payza's account in UK to discontinue accepting customer payments from Payza.

Does he run away with our money? Does he eventually become a scammer? Did he plan to scam us in 2010 and had spreaded the bait for more than 2 years? I'm not sure for the time being. By the way, my USA VPS are still working fine, but all of our FR VPS are down.

Last edited:
Thank you for your review.

I was thinking that there are issue with all FR VPS only cause of OVH. I think that all FR VPS was hosted under OVH, and for some reasons, they blocked all FR VPS.

That can be an a reason cause also his site is offline (he was hosted on FR VPS).

If you go on http://linkedhosting.net/ you can see that it hosted on OVH hosting. linkedhosting redirect to Hostlower.com, is the same company/website. Hostlower.com pass trought Cloudflare, while linkedhosting.net points directly to the server.

Last edited:
I hope so. I know his FR VPS is in OVH in the first place. Sometimes I heard OVH disallows customers to renew their service without any reasons, but I'm also worried that the shifting from NL to FR is a wrong decision and make a big loss because most of their customers don't want to renew -- maybe it caused a situtation that there are only 1 ~ 2 customers on each VPS node, which results in the fact that his cost is much higher than his earning. If the loss is huge, I think it might be a reason to abandon his business and run away with our money.

If you are a resident of 100TBh's VPS thread in WJ, maybe you ever saw a link posted there, which indicates that Danny wants to sell his 100TBh.com. I don't want to post the link directly because of WJ's rules, but you can put down the sentence to Google: "Selling VPS Hosting Comapny 170,000 EUR Turnover." I don't know whether he finally sold his company or not, but he actually rebranded the name to HostLower. Anyway, I think that thread indicates he might already feel frustrated to his own business in January.

@ gibalah

In that selling thread . We can see that many have shown interest, but none of them have gone through . Apart from that he has used multiple usernames on that thread. That was the time when moderator as interrupted the thread and no progress as been found .

Does that make 100tbh --> hostlower is owned by the same person . To clear all the negative reviews and business of 100tbh , did he create the hostlower as a new company.

In fact, I don't know if HostLower is owned by Danny, but in their support system, Danny is still the only one who can handle all technical issues. I'm still rare to see other people offering customer supports. His title was "Head of Systems" in 100TBh, and it becomes "Operations Director" in HostLower. He never said these companies are owned by him, but we all know they are.

When it was 100TBh, they lost Paypal. I guess it's due to a lot of Paypal disputes against him, because his support is slow and inefficient. Some users paid for a new VPS and waited for more than one week, but they finally got nothing, so they file disputes in Paypal. Last year, one of my friend paid for a seedbox, he got a SQL error page in the service page of WHMCS and cannot connect to his seedbox according to the login detail he received via e-mail. His tickets was pending for one week, and finally he decided to request a refund. However, Danny said his service is activated and refused to issue a refund. He said he never used this service in the beginning, but Danny still insist the service is available. Therefore, this case was ended with a Paypal dispute, too.

When the brand name became HostLower, I found that he could accept payments from Paypal again. Maybe it's one of the reason he starts a new company. I don't think he wants to clear all negative reviews, because he didn't start a new thread in WJ. All old posts with negative reviews are still there. This man is so smart and clam that he cannot be angry even though his customers are rude, and he always asks the ticket number when he sees a negative post in his thread. I think he doesn't care about any bad reviews of his company, because his attitude hasn't been changed since he entered the market -- he is always polite but he does everything wrongly and slowly. It was okay because of his low price, high specs, and the loosest TOS, but he lost these advantages recently because he raised the prices. No wonder a lot of customers keeps away from him.

Last edited:
Their prices were way too low for a healthy business model. I don't think he was planning to scam and waited for 2 years to do that, he just didn't have enough business background to make a viable business plan most likely.

Seedboxone, Hostlower and 100TBH are indeed owned by the same person, verified using our ultra l33t methods. Its time for him to say bye to the people of WJunction.

Their prices were way too low for a healthy business model. I don't think he was planning to scam and waited for 2 years to do that, he just didn't have enough business background to make a viable business plan most likely.

I agree. I think he was merely opening his business with his own interest. His attitude looks like never serious and lazy; we can know it if we ever opened any tickets in his client area. Maybe now he thinks it's no longer fun, so he closes his business.

According to the revenue of a selling thread I mentioned above, his net profit is not enough to hire 3 or more people in UK unless he doesn't take a lot. Hence he didn't have a healthy business model in the beginning.

Last edited:
I agree. I think he was merely opening his business with his own interest. His attitude looks like never serious and lazy; we can know it if we ever opened any tickets in his client area. Maybe now he thinks it's no longer fun, so he closes his business.

According to the revenue of a selling thread I mentioned above, his net profit is not enough to hire 3 or more people in UK unless he doesn't take a lot. Hence he didn't have a healthy business model in the beginning.

If this was legit projection I can assure you he would have stayed and even invested money into proper infrastructure(as opposite to using OVH). I assume he didn't properly mark refunded / disputed invoices nor cancelled unpaid invoices in WHMcs. It can improve WHMcs projections a lot, really a LOT, over a few years.

Unmetered bandwidth on 1gbps at such silly prices is never going to work - I can name several WJ companies that failed over the past few years because they were operating at a loss. Even massive ones, anyone remembers RapidSpeeds? Bandwidth itself is more expensive than the whole VPS even if it's pure Cogent / HE which are cheapest transit providers around.

If this was legit projection I can assure you he would have stayed and even invested money into proper infrastructure(as opposite to using OVH). I assume he didn't properly mark refunded / disputed invoices nor cancelled unpaid invoices in WHMcs. It can improve WHMcs projections a lot, really a LOT, over a few years.

Unmetered bandwidth on 1gbps at such silly prices is never going to work - I can name several WJ companies that failed over the past few years because they were operating at a loss. Even massive ones, anyone remembers RapidSpeeds? Bandwidth itself is more expensive than the whole VPS even if it's pure Cogent / HE which are cheapest transit providers around.

99% of the web hosts here do not even know there transit providers.

They just order from the datacenter and hope it works good after they setup the dedicated server.

So no point in even trying to point advanced facts out for people who know nothing. Best stay out of this kruno as web hosts getting into other web hosts business get looked upon here on wjunction.

contact him through the phone number provided in the 100tbh website.. the support is pathetic so i called him and asked for a refund.. within 4 days.. was given .. for my seedbox.

I don't know if USA VPS are working, but my FR VPS is down for more than 5 days.

Danny is not answering, the website is again down and all my data was lost.

Looking for another serious Company.

contact him through the phone number provided in the 100tbh website.. the support is pathetic so i called him and asked for a refund.. within 4 days.. was given .. for my seedbox.

Do you mean they still issue refunds to customers if we ask for that through the phone? Oh, I should have trained my English listening comprehension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back