Did you ever been suspended by OVH for warez linking site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VIP

Hi,
I just bought a kimsufi dedi server last week directly from their site (France's Kimsufi). Right now I did not setup my site yet as I would like to know first if you have experience being suspended for hosting a warez linking site on OVH?

if they do not allow hosting warez linking site then I might setup it as a my private seedbox soon as I guess they are fine with p2p. correct me if I'm wrong.

after a quick search, I have found few members' opinion about kimsufi.
Perfect for Rapidleech, torrenting seedbox, and RS/HF/FS/etc uploading. No warez-linking/warez-hosting or adult content, and no public tracker torrents.

Hetzner is a smaller copy of OVH in my opinion.
Both aren't good for warez hosting/linking.

You can use OVH for p2p traffic, not sure about Hetzner's policy.
But Hetzner seems pretty strict from what I know.

What are you going to do with the server?

Try online.net france server €15 160gb space 1gb ram .i think warez linking allowed in france . Not sure

good question. does anyone know if warez linking is allowed on ovh? i know on ovh are hosting some trackers.
:-?

19 comments
One of my OVH server was suspended last month without any Notice!
Reason for suspension was "Hosting Copyright infringement Files "

I had two DMCA from them in the same week once, the 2nd mail from them started like.

Yet again we have a DMCA notice from your server....

They definitely don't like DMCA for warez sites.

good to know they are still online and their alexa rank almost in top 10k.(y)

Yeah, they are online from 2006 till now and they have huge traffic as for a local warez site,- 3k to 8k online users almost all the time ... They use OVH from long time ...

Warez linking is fine but if your site is huge, yeah then there's a possibility that you'll be suspended if they receive tonnes of DMCA.

My suggestion is to use it for private seedbox. Meaning don't download from any public tracker or semi private tracker. OVH was used back then when SCT was the top private tracker and they're still being used today.

Rapidleech should be ok just as long as it's private.

i had a OVH dedicated server and they closed me down mind i was running a public rapidleech site
well I'm not surprised. public rapidleech means you allow your server to host warez files directly.

Yeah, they are online from 2006 till now and they have huge traffic as for a local warez site,- 3k to 8k online users almost all the time ... They use OVH from long time ...
oh I just checked it again. it seems they did not used OVH but Serverboost as their server's IP is 188.95.50.175 redirecting to Serve Boost (probably using BoxSlot's VPS ... I'm not sure).

ba-k a huge spanish site its also in ovh
this is a great example a top 3k alexa rank warez linking site using OVH.

Warez linking is fine but if your site is huge, yeah then there's a possibility that you'll be suspended if they receive tonnes of DMCA.

My suggestion is to use it for private seedbox. Meaning don't download from any public tracker or semi private tracker. OVH was used back then when SCT was the top private tracker and they're still being used today.

Rapidleech should be ok just as long as it's private.
what about ba-k? top 3k alexa rank. I just checked it's full with warez linking of TV Series/PC Software/etc.

agreed with the seedbox part.:)

I guess you can give your server a shot by using it for warez linking... Just make sure you have backup if they decide to suspend your server.

Warez linking? Or illegal stuff related? Everywhere is a "risk". Someone is strickt and some others don't really care.

I guess you can give your server a shot by using it for warez linking... Just make sure you have backup if they decide to suspend your server.

I'd say they won't suspend it, never had any actual problem but they will probably null route the ip. You will receive a DMCA and that's it. of course if you don't comply the DMCA who knows what will happen probably closure as stated in the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back