Dedicated Dedicated Server with KVM over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XhyperX

Hi,

i search a dedicated Server where KVM Console Access via internet is included 24/7 for free.

It should have not less than 32GB RAM and a good CPU (i‘m not fixed at one cpu so i don‘t specify one).

Also Server should have 2 HDD‘s for Raid 1.

Windows 2016 as the OS would be great but not nessessary. I own a legally bought key for Windows Server 2016 Datacenter so the provider doesn‘t need to provide the license. I also have CAL Licenses so this won‘t be a problem too.

I‘m planing to do a dualboot of Windows and Linux so KVM Grafik Console is very important for me.

Maybe if the hardware is powerfull enought i will do it with virtualisation via Proxmox 5 but if not i‘m using dual boot.

I‘m also planning to crypt the HDD‘s and because of that KVM Console is also needed to enter the password on boot.

KVM over iP is really important to me so this feature should be included in your offer.

Hope there will be much offers so i have a variety to choose from :)

For Payment i would prefere Paypal.

Hope i didn‘t forget something and sorry for my bad English, i‘m from germany so german is my native language but i did my best to write it so people can understand what i‘m searching :)

If you need anymore information please write in the thread or send me a PN message.

12 comments
Hi thanks for you answer.
I looked at the plans but they are to expensive for me and i‘m looking for a server with at least 64GB RAM so the virtualisation works without a problem for more than 2-3 machines.
Looking for a server in Germany or at least Europe so i have a fast connection because i want to use it mainly for Software development via RDP.

Actually i got an offer for a server with Intel Core i7-6700 Quadcore, 64GB RAM and 2x 500GB SSD for 52€/Month but i wait a bit longer, maybe someone can make a better offer, maybe with 128GB RAM :)

What is your budget? You will not get better offer than this I believe. This offer is from Hetzner I believe which is hard to compete.

Yes the offer i wrote is from Hetzner. Only bad thing there is you have to write them and hope one is free when you need kvm.
As i‘m planning on doing dual Boot Windows and Linux with full disk encryption kvm would be a must have. Only method i could do without kvm is installing proxmox on the server and do it with virtualization because there is VNC Access to the virtual machines included.

My Budget is max. 80-100€ depending on the hardware the server has.

ovh has good server but to expensive for me.
At Hetzner i got an offer for a server with 256GB DDR RAM, 2x 480GB SSD and a Xeon quadcore CPU.
Saidly they offer KVM only on demand. One with KVM avaliable all the time would be better so i created this thread in the hope someone do an offer for a server here.
I could expand the budget to 120€.
Mainly i need the server to install Windows and Linux in dual boot or if possible with virtualization via proxmox

Check out our dedicated instances: https://www.virtono.com/dedicated-instances

Why choose Dedicated Server Instances instead of Bare-Metal Servers? Lets first define a dedicated instance:

A dedicated instance it is a dedicated server deployed in cloud and have the same specifications like a bare-metal: dedicated CPU, SSD storage and RAM memory.
It appears to the end-user and behaves exactly like a bare but it is deployed directly in Cloud and for that reason it has several advantages:

– Instant activation;
– Easy system reinstall with OS templates or by using the vnc console with your own uploaded Custom ISO file;
– Easy upgrades, migrations or hardware modifications, with minimum or no downtime at all;
– Cheaper licenses (for example a cpanel license is only 15 euro instead of 35 euros like you would pay for a bare-metal);
– The disk is a block device from our raid protected SSD storage, which improves the performance(IOps & read/write speed) and also the fault tolerance;
– Other features at request: additional block storage, private networking(internal ips), 1-click ssh-key.

Check the benchmark for our dedicated instance "half": https://serverscope.io/trials/BVvr

@virtono: thanks for the explain.
I search a dedicated Server because i want to setup some virtual machines (1x Windows and 4-5 Linux VM‘s) via Proxmox.

Because these servers are a Virtual Maschine with guaranteed resources it self if i understood that right so is it possible to setup VM‘s if the host Server is a virtual Server? Or am i wrong?

Also could you offer a free trial for let‘s say 7-10Days so i can test your service? That would be great.

Last edited:
@virtono: thanks for the explain.
I search a dedicated Server because i want to setup some virtual machines (1x Windows and 4-5 Linux VM‘s) via Proxmox.

Because these servers are a Virtual Maschine with guaranteed resources it self if i understood that right so is it possible to setup VM‘s if the host Server is a virtual Server? Or am i wrong?

Also could you offer a free trial for let‘s say 7-10Days so i can test your service? That would be great.

We have successfully virtualized a dedicated instance with openvz (virtuozzo) and vmware esxi, and it's working even better than the bare-metal. However we haven't tried proxmox and hyper-v yet. So I think that you ask our sales dept on the contact form, link this thread and ask for test , I am sure that my colleagues will understand and provide you a few days trial.

Please feel free to contact us, as we have many options available (even if not displayed on the website yet):

1. We can provide a cloud account so you can create how many vps you like (with kvm) in the limit of the allocated hardware;
2. We can provide bare-metals in Bucharest, Romania - 2 x Intel Xeon L5520 (yeah I know, a little oldy, but very good performance , each one is better than i7, and also you have 16 total cores - 2 x quad core + ht) , 48gb ram and 2 x 1TB sshd for just 99 euros per month

@virtono:
That sounds not bad :)

What about my question in the post before?
I asked if it‘s possible to get a Testserver for ~ 1 Week or any other time. I ask because in the past i had sole big problems with the hoster and because of that i only rent servers if i get the chance to test it for a few days. Please don’t missunderstand it‘s not agains you / your company but because of the things happened in the past i want to be safe :)

@virtono:
That sounds not bad :)

What about my question in the post before?
I asked if it‘s possible to get a Testserver for ~ 1 Week or any other time. I ask because in the past i had sole big problems with the hoster and because of that i only rent servers if i get the chance to test it for a few days. Please don’t missunderstand it‘s not agains you / your company but because of the things happened in the past i want to be safe :)

Please ask our sales department https://www.virtono.com/contact.php , put in your message the link of this thread, and my colleagues will provide a trial .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back