Status
Not open for further replies.

pratkal09

Hello

I need a dedicated server in Europe other then FR and UK which meat the following requirement

CPU : Intel Xeon i7 W3520 or smiler
Ram : 8-16GB
HDD : 2*2TB in RAID 0
Bandwidth - 5-10TB
Port speed - 1GBPS
IP : 64 ( 61 usable )( going to sell vps and few of my client use 10 ips )

Also most impotent for me is that data center have payment option of Liberty reserve or Direct credit card processing ( I.E Paypal website pro )

P.S 2co paypal and mb does not love my cards :facepalm:

Thanks in advance :)

20 comments
i don't want to go with ovh for vps

i already got 1 server with them which is good but in case of reports they act rude and block the ip until issue is fixed

If you need this for a VPS node, I strongly suggest you go for 4 drives and do RAID10. RAID0 is a disaster waiting to happen.

For the processor, I would recommend a server-grade processor (intel e3 and e5 series are great), not a desktop grade i7, as xeons are built for these purposes.

Good luck!

Hello,
OVH is pretty good and I recommend them.
You should feel happy if they blocked an IP address for security reasons. Anyways, you can unblock the IP anytime from your manager.
Not all datacenters would provide you with 64 IPv4 addresses.

Redstation is actually a great provider. I would prefer Redstation if I had OVH vs Redstation. Anywhere is Europe should give you a only a few ms of latency difference.

Yeah i am aware about that

but i want to look for alternate options before making my purchase how is i3d.net??

ok lets see other options i believe till now

Redstation ovh

any idea about i3d???

Hello,
i3D sells SmartDC servers and are affordable but they charge 2 Euro per IP address. So, you would need to pay 128 Euros for IP's itself.
I tried their servers in past and they were also good.

i3D is also pretty good, if you want to go for Netherlands. They don't have any budget network providers (like Cogent or He.net) so they have one of the best networks I've seen in Netherlands. Ask for Ramon from their sales, he gives pretty good pricing. :)

i3D sells SmartDC servers

SmartDC doesn't sell servers. i3D sells servers. i3D and SmartDC are owned by the same corporation as far as I am aware. So they don't sell anything of each other, they both own it.

Hello Abdullah,
I'm not sure about it. When I contacted SmartDC, they gave their offer and asked me to contact i3D for more deals. I apologize if anything was written wrong by me because we just had few servers with them in past without much contact.
Thank you.

Hello,
Most of the datacenters don't provide 64 IPv4 addresses. If you want something out of Europe, you may go with LimeHost.ro (Romania)

ok one more dc info before i click on pay

how is snelserver dc??

@lokesh ur from india right from which site u buy ur dedis from @ ovh

Last edited:
300-350$ could stretch for a great deal

You should not have issues with finding a provider at that budget or less. The only issue here are the IPs.

You could think about a E3-1230+ 16gb ram 4x1tb hdd in HW RAID10 1gbit port KVM/IP + /26 and you are ready to go.

Dino

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back