Status
Not open for further replies.

Occult

So I have been working on some great methods of making money online. I cannot discuss online, neither will I share it with anyone for free. I was curious to know if I can sell these methods here on WJ. There is nothing illegal in any of the methods, it's just simply put together a few pieces of "stuff" from the internet and make money. I can obviously provide proof of money being made but I will only entertain serious questions.

Would like to know staff point of view.

14 comments
I'm obviously not staff but I just want to point out that if by method you mean information like "do x and y and you'll earn ~z" as opposed to the implementation of that information you can run into situations where you're not selling anything if the information is based on public and freely available information - which is almost always the case with these things. Especially if you can't go into details without the information losing its value. How can the buyer be sure the method or information is new and of any value to him/her/it?

Reactions: Gon
Great question. Since we are building up some kind of "online profile" here on WJ, I don't see how this would be a problem.
I mean, this site is now over 10 years old - some people have been around, have made friends, projects, discussions, shared tips, provided help, and so on. There shouldn't be anything in the way for "Member XYZ" to offer this type of service and me, knowing "Member XYZ" over the years ordering such a service.
In the end the members themselves should be able to judge if this person and his/her service is worth the price and obviously the risk.

Create a website,i have seen many that offer things like this
They always have a title that sounds like that "Ways to make money online" :)
You may be lucky with traffic from Google

Have you thought about what price you sell it? :money_mouth:

I'm obviously not staff but I just want to point out that if by method you mean information like "do x and y and you'll earn ~z" as opposed to the implementation of that information you can run into situations where you're not selling anything if the information is based on public and freely available information - which is almost always the case with these things. Especially if you can't go into details without the information losing its value. How can the buyer be sure the method or information is new and of any value to him/her/it?

I would be down to stick to one member of staff who will receive the product, try it out if they wish and leave feedback on if it is bullshit or not. I am not really worried about the legitimacy of my methods but more if such threads will be allowed here.

Great question. Since we are building up some kind of "online profile" here on WJ, I don't see how this would be a problem.
I mean, this site is now over 10 years old - some people have been around, have made friends, projects, discussions, shared tips, provided help, and so on. There shouldn't be anything in the way for "Member XYZ" to offer this type of service and me, knowing "Member XYZ" over the years ordering such a service.
In the end the members themselves should be able to judge if this person and his/her service is worth the price and obviously the risk.

You have a good point here. We are 10+ years old yet our activity is shit, it's only going down from my pov. I see members of this forum do no brainer stuff like uploading and cry over $10. I understand their pov, if I was getting paid $10 for hours of my time, and then not get paid, I'd be willing to punch someone as well.

I did a little research and found things to be done that can easily bring in 100s a day. No scamming anyone, no illegal shit. Just straight up use loopholes and make cash.

I'm not doubting the legitimacy but simply pointing out that if your methods were gathered from places like Google, BHW, TBN or other public places you might end up with a buyer who doesn't know he's about to pay for something he already knows and ends up feeling scammed because of it. Selling information tends to open up a whole can of worms because by nature you can't really go into a lot of detail before the sale which is bad for the buyer. On the other had, if you sell software that employs these methods there is guaranteed minimum value and the buyer doesn't have to worry about other things like the effort-per-$ ratio of said method(s).

Interested Question, OP. Let's see whether the staff team allow this or not. You know most of the Online methods like this are shit. Not talking about your one. You know HF a Place and spent 5 years there. Saw 99.9% fake methods there. Now, You can be legit but not everyone. If WJ allows this, then more peoples will start selling methods as well and the question will be, how much % of this will be legit?

Good Luck

I think lets WJ user decide weather this worth or not.
OP is presenting something , ask for vouch from senior user.
If he get positive response and other user want to try then what is wrong here.
and BTW, there is NO clear guideline that such kind of sell not allowed here ( so far yet )

I was tempted to create and sell a YouTube tutorial but it seems even when telling people how to do it the exact same way more or less that I did, for free, they still couldn't do it. I also didn't like the idea of being accused as a scammer or such, but I agree with the other comment regarding how most of these ebooks/how to earn money guides aren't very good... In the slightest. My logic has always been if you're earning loads from your method why would you need to sell it instead of just give it away for free? (If it is because of saturation that is different)

I personally don't see any issue with this happening here, like another said, if someone is willing to buy it and Occult is willing to sell, I see no good reason to stop such activity happening?

Hell, Occult may even start making us all rich ;)

I'm not doubting the legitimacy but simply pointing out that if your methods were gathered from places like Google, BHW, TBN or other public places you might end up with a buyer who doesn't know he's about to pay for something he already knows and ends up feeling scammed because of it. Selling information tends to open up a whole can of worms because by nature you can't really go into a lot of detail before the sale which is bad for the buyer. On the other had, if you sell software that employs these methods there is guaranteed minimum value and the buyer doesn't have to worry about other things like the effort-per-$ ratio of said method(s).

You have a very good point, hence I took public info, connected the dots, made sure these methods can be monetized and then made a script that will automate it all for the client. So all they have to do is, get a server, enable the script to run and do maintenance. I am still in the process of this automation script, but just wanted to see how the crowd and staff feel here.

Interested Question, OP. Let's see whether the staff team allow this or not. You know most of the Online methods like this are shit. Not talking about your one. You know HF a Place and spent 5 years there. Saw 99.9% fake methods there. Now, You can be legit but not everyone. If WJ allows this, then more peoples will start selling methods as well and the question will be, how much % of this will be legit?

Good Luck

That is the issue with people these days, as you said. Buy something from HF, doesn't work for them and then they cry scammer. I bought a few books from HF, ofcourse they didnt work, but I took their ideas, which in turn enabled me to think outside the box, allowing me to come up with my own methods. Thank you though.

I think lets WJ user decide weather this worth or not.
OP is presenting something , ask for vouch from senior user.
If he get positive response and other user want to try then what is wrong here.
and BTW, there is NO clear guideline that such kind of sell not allowed here ( so far yet )

I'll take this as a positive opinion. I saw the HF methods, mostly trash. A few of them were actually working and awesome, so I modified them to the point that it will work for most people if they can set up properly.

I was tempted to create and sell a YouTube tutorial but it seems even when telling people how to do it the exact same way more or less that I did, for free, they still couldn't do it. I also didn't like the idea of being accused as a scammer or such, but I agree with the other comment regarding how most of these ebooks/how to earn money guides aren't very good... In the slightest. My logic has always been if you're earning loads from your method why would you need to sell it instead of just give it away for free? (If it is because of saturation that is different)

I personally don't see any issue with this happening here, like another said, if someone is willing to buy it and Occult is willing to sell, I see no good reason to stop such activity happening?

Hell, Occult may even start making us all rich ;)

I never did any of this to be rich lol. Honestly, all I ever wanted for WJ was to be active and maintain to be a buzzing community. I will try my best from whatever skills I have to drive traffic here. Thanks for the kind words bro.

You have a very good point, hence I took public info, connected the dots, made sure these methods can be monetized and then made a script that will automate it all for the client. So all they have to do is, get a server, enable the script to run and do maintenance. I am still in the process of this automation script, but just wanted to see how the crowd and staff feel here.

Well in that case I don't see why there would be a problem since the value is primarily the software so that's what you'd be selling. Unless I'm missing something?

Well in that case I don't see why there would be a problem since the value is primarily the software so that's what you'd be selling. Unless I'm missing something?

The software and the method. I just need the method to not be saturated as that could create economical issues. Like how a perfect competition could ruin a monopoly. Honestly, I am actually debating giving it away here since there is so much speculation of it being a scam. I'll keep it posted.

That is the issue with people these days, as you said. Buy something from HF, doesn't work for them and then they cry scammer. I bought a few books from HF, ofcourse they didnt work, but I took their ideas, which in turn enabled me to think outside the box, allowing me to come up with my own methods. Thank you though.

Thats i like.
We learn from existing world and turn them into something new.
Otherwise without this learn part we knew just " how to cry "

The software and the method. I just need the method to not be saturated as that could create economical issues. Like how a perfect competition could ruin a monopoly. Honestly, I am actually debating giving it away here since there is so much speculation of it being a scam. I'll keep it posted.

Oh I see. I don't think people actually believe it's a scam but rather don't like the idea of a blind sale - as in they want the know what they'd be paying for other than a mysterious black box that makes $x/day. If the method is super easily over-saturated to the point where you can't tell the buyer what you're selling him you probably shouldn't sell. Not to mention you have no control over what the buyer does. What if he resells or shares the method?

Can you DM me more details on this? I don't need the review / staff copy, if you could provide me a brief about what you are trying to do that'd be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back