Status
Not open for further replies.

wmaniac

well i want to learn creating iphone and ipad apps and themes and want to know with what should i start.
what programing language etc etc

13 comments
You need a Mac to use that though which is only about 5% of users so unless you have a Mac you'll have to go installing it on a partition after installing OSx which is a hell of a long pain in the ass and a lot of downloading.

Yep, developing for iOS is the worst experience ever.

You need a mac (or just the os on dual boot), this is a requirement, there is no way to develop iOS apps in windows or linux.

Also, objective-c is pretty ugly (rather cool but very, very ugly). Message passing rather than the usual parameter concept.

Since its pretty much mac-only, the entire language, you're basically forced to become an apple-only dev. Nobody else uses the language, it'll only ever come in useful to make iOS apps (smart move by apple).

Ya which is why it's so hard to port stuff like Games to Android or from Android to iOS.

If the site it's too complicated you can use PhoneGap (their are other similar programs but this is the most used). You make a website in HTML and it converts it to an App. A huge amount of simpler sites are made this way.

Yep, developing for iOS is the worst experience ever.

You need a mac (or just the os on dual boot), this is a requirement, there is no way to develop iOS apps in windows or linux.

Also, objective-c is pretty ugly (rather cool but very, very ugly). Message passing rather than the usual parameter concept.

Since its pretty much mac-only, the entire language, you're basically forced to become an apple-only dev. Nobody else uses the language, it'll only ever come in useful to make iOS apps (smart move by apple).

Also Cocoa.

iOS can be the worst way to start off with coding tbh.

Before answering your question, do you know any programming languages at all ? Any experience ? If your answer is no, then my dear friend, forget about iOS apps. Its too long.

iphone and ipad is capable of running java, doesn't it? If yes, then you should simply learn java mobile edition, that way you will be able to write apps for any kind of mobile/tablet.

I think, all you need is basic programming knowledge that is a bit of JavaScript, PHP, Ruby, etc.., no need to know any objective-C. You need to download Xcode tools to build your first app.I would suggest you to go through the following link. I hope this helps, thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=bJ8mBcY0yVY&noredirect=1

ipad apps
ipad games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back