Coming back to WJunction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. QS was inactive for a while and came on wj, saying "die wj".
3. CP is just a wannabe troll and when unbanned saying behave, he did not.

lol, "die wj" is not a big deal. You guys are taking your job way too serious if that matters. I guarantee I can say it in the cb and nothing will happen.

Tbh, if i were the owner i'd unban EVERYONE ( well apart from the real bad scammers ) and give everyone a clean slate.

Now if they fuckup again/annoy/scam etc then boom gone FOREVER.

Nice eh?

Me for local WJ president.

People are banned for a reason. None of the bans are permanent few of you might know abt it . Or Maybe it is permanent for some people.

Tell Them to prove they are worthy for a comeback we would consider for a unban.

Hell if you look around we have unbanned few of the people who proved they are worthy. So Stop Ranting If you don't see someone

Sorry, but as former member of staff...not all bans are deserved. Depends on the staff member and their mood, their tolerance, their prejudice toward certain people.

This isn't ranting as much as it is saying that we'd like to see some old faces back. We already know you all don't care if we want them back or not, so feel free to ignore our posts, but we still can say it.

QS is banned for accumulated number of reasons, one is 3 weeks of coming and saying die wj, and similar, which is not a real reason for a ban, and another one is insulting member of staff (read admin). He never knew how to behave, and he had more than one ban. Once it became understandable that he will stay like that no matter how much we give him number of chances to become something that fits in our view as 'normal', we decided permanent ban is needed.

Suggesting that members of staff ban people on their prejudice is also not a good insertion, because it's far away from the truth. It's like saying we ban people for no reason.

It says nothing good, when we want to unban someone.

You In all of the members Mindy should know sometimes the bans are necessary . And Saying Getting the old members back open your eyes look around old members are coming back

yeah, sometimes bans are necessary. And sometimes they're not. Thats all my point is - plenty of times there were bans done that were overturned by SuperMods or Admin. Why would that happen if they were good bans? You cant honestly say that all bans ever made were fair. I'm sure that I made mistakes or acted unfairly. I've already apologized twice that I can remember, for over-reacting because of my OWN PREJUDICE or because I was in a bad mood. Maybe you all are just better at modding ;)

As it might be true, what you are saying, you are discussing about bans that are absolutelly necessary at that time (QuickSand). This also doesn't mean, that those bans won't be reviewed after certain period of time. It depends from case to case.

It happens that new mods, don't understand their duties at once, when they come to staff team. It's even foolish to think, that newly promoted staff member, would know exactly what to do. We all made mistakes, and are making our skills of judgement better, as time passes.

No one is born perfect Mindy . Here at WJ people learn through the course of time. People Are Banned for their mistakes. As i said before also if they come back they should provide a strong base on why they should be back. You Should of everyone know how the system works. Its like you guys are saying we don't even see the banned users or acknowledge their unban. Provide a good reason why they should be allowed back . Me including all the others would get you back by hook or crook.

Last edited:
This is going to be my last post on this matter because its gone way off the topic and has become Mindy vs. Staff which is not my intention.

I was not criticizing bans or the need for them or your process for unbanning. I think that in general, its quite fair.

HOWEVER...sometimes, certain bans, IN MY OPINION (<---key words) are unfair and unwarranted and based on factors like mood, etc... or are just too harsh. How could any reasonable person deny that sometimes this is the case? I acknowledged that I have done it myself.

You said to stop ranting:

People are banned for a reason. None of the bans are permanent few of you might know abt it . Or Maybe it is permanent for some people.

Tell Them to prove they are worthy for a comeback we would consider for a unban.

Hell if you look around we have unbanned few of the people who proved they are worthy. So Stop Ranting If you don't see someone

Which is why I said:
Mindy said:
This isn't ranting as much as it is saying that we'd like to see some old faces back. We already know you all don't care if we want them back or not, so feel free to ignore our posts, but we still can say it.

Main Point: We can bitch if we want to

Not the Main Point: Mods ban unfairly sometimes

Hopefully that clears things up

Sorry, but as former member of staff...not all bans are deserved. Depends on the staff member and their mood, their tolerance, their prejudice toward certain people.

With time, things change Mindy. You know very well how I deal with justification threads and general reports etc. Also, since you were a member of staff previously, I didn't expect that you'd say we'd ignore our members posts.

I note everything that members say, but I can't promise that we'll be unbanning everyone just because you all believe they should be given another chance. We've been too generous to them and offered them many chances, they never showed to us that they'd abide by our rules. I personally vouched for QuickSand's last unban (pushed for it too) as I believe in chances but he screwed it up again.

I don't believe in a ban, and that's it, they're gone. We have a justification section for a reason, they can use that to appeal. There is no need for members like yourselves requesting us to unban members like CyberPrince, QuickSand or rko. No one is stopping them from creating a justification thread. Or, if they don't have access to it, they can email us.

P.S. You posted while I was posting, so in reply to your above post; this isn't a Mindy vs staff thread but a discussion so that other members know why we do what we do. Cases are reviewed when users are banned Mindy, I don't let bans to be made for the heck of it and none of the members of staff ban just because they feel like it. We have a staff Skype group where we discuss bans and WJ related issues. As stated previously, with time things change. We changed how we manage WJunction. I will agree to your statement that sometimes (it's rare now) - staff can be in a bad mood and ban a member for a lengthy time. I've challenged those type of bans in the past and have had them reduced or kept them as they are if reasons staff give are solid.

Thanks.

Main Point: We can bitch if we want to

Not the Main Point: Mods ban unfairly sometimes

Hopefully that clears things up

Main point: your 'bitching' makes us/staff look bad. Which leads everyone to your second point, to believe in that rather than first.

As previously said by M, some users were given several chances, and they never wanted to change, and treat others with respect.

Would you like to see members who attack other users for nothing, throwing insults on them for no reason? Well, that's what mentioned members did on a regular basis. When they were bored enough, they would make dramas, and it would lead to disrespect toward other members. And we do not need a crazy house here, we want everyone respecting each other. BUT, your 'bitching' about it makes it look like you would like them back, and whatever goes with them.

Surely, if there was any other member mentioned, and not 'troll kings', this discussion would probably have more credibility.

Hopefully this won't be another 'users vs staff' thread where we are, as always, the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back