Cloud Based Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

alllih

I'm looking for cloud based backup solution for my vps. I want something that's reliable, easy to setup and performs automatic incremental backups of my entire vps. I'm interested in your experience with such services.

I'm looking for cloud based backup solution for my vps. I want something that's reliable, easy to setup and performs automatic incremental backups of my entire vps. I'm interested in your experience with such services.

Doesn't anyone use backups anymore? Are VPS companies so reliable and developers and admins so gifted that no one needs backups anymore?

Last edited:
3 comments
I think r1soft and crash plan are among the most popular applications, both of them are commercial though.

It's usually easier to simply backup your application files rather than the entire filesystem. But many providers offer snapshots or their own backup systems which are pretty reliable since they are stored separately from disk image, so that would work as well and probably be cheaper (doesn't need to use up your bandwidth).

Doesn't anyone use backups anymore? Are VPS companies so reliable and developers and admins so gifted that no one needs backups anymore?

Instead of looking for third party backup solution, what i suggest is to rent a dedicated server an ATOM would do and then configure backup there. You may go for r1soft which is pretty nice backup software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back