can i watch movies on dedicated servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 comments
I will be kind and answer this, yes you can setup so you can stream movies if you want.

Anyway, this topic is in wrong forum category

I will be kind and answer this, yes you can setup so you can stream movies if you want.

Anyway, this topic is in wrong forum category

Yes as Stiffy mentioned you can setup a dedicated server to stream movies however please be aware that you need to have a good connection speed to enjoy the movies seamlessly.

i want to buy dedicated server i want to know can i watch movies on dedicated server because on rdps its not possible

If you are availing a Windows dedicated server then you can definitely use a RDP connection to operate your server and watch movies online.

you can watch from rdp as well. easy way may be use filezilla fileserver, get ftp links and stream to vlc or any other media player.

Nope, the videos won't play seamlessly! The latching issue will be there. There will be so much lag b/c the speed depends on your home internet, not dedicated server speed.

yes you can and make sure the bandwidth on the device that you are using to view the server can handle it. the dedicated server has no problem with this capability, usually we see the user has limited bandwidth capabilities.

Most of dedicated servers and VPS are not GPU supported, so if you try to play some VID or GPU-eaten application, you might find some lagging situation.
Yes, you are able to play them remotely, but with poor lagging ;( in my previous experiences unlesss you can find the one that are GPU supported.

PS: Intel Xeons are not GPU supported

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back