Status
Not open for further replies.

vorazeal

Hi

Was wondering a thing, so thought to ask a question.

Recently we moved to a new server, the speed was very slow from the day it was in the server.

Even made a support ticket because forum speed was v slow, certain time it did not even load, they told me they will fix it soon.

Later even without notifying they directly suspended my website saying its taking load saying that we observed from past 24 hours and your website is taking load so we suspended it.

Isn't it good when they could have atleast told me after monitoring for 1 hour that " your website is taking load and please look into it ".

So, should i ask for a refund ?

13 comments
How long have you had hosting with this new provider?
Sometimes hosts offer a 7 day money back guarantee.

In your opinion, is your website heavy? Have you ever ran GTMetix on it to help optimize your website?
Shared Hosting? or VPS? or Dedicated?

Last edited:
prolly u used shared hosting. if u then even they cant suspend saying u using over resources. get a vps and good go. and about refund it depends on the host and if m really in ur place i dont care about the meager $ but u can ask ofcourse coz its ur hard earned money :)

Last edited:
prolly u used shared hosting. if u n vs they cant suspend saying u using over resources. get a vps and good go. and about refund it depends on the host and if m really in ur place i dont care about the meager $ but u can ask ofcourse coz its ur hard earned money

well, for like 60-70 users online at a time, and with 9500 posts, i think shared hosting is enough as it can handle it. Well, yes its hard earned money, costed 8$ for plan and website getting suspended in just 2 days and even was slow when it was not suspended certainly feels hurt.

Last edited:
How long have you had hosting with this new provider?

Just 2 days.

In your opinion, is your website heavy?

well it should not be heavy, i had talk with IPS staff, but yes as host claims its heavy their are certain mods which would had lead to high load which i am unaware about.

Obviously you can ask for the refund, you opted for their service and didn't enjoy being with them. You paid them for that, its your money.
You haven't liked their service and its your right to ask for the refund

prolly u used shared hosting. if u n vs they cant suspend saying u using over resources. get a vps and good go. and about refund it depends on the host and if m really in ur place i dont care about the meager $ but u can ask ofcourse coz its ur hard earned money :)

Who told you they can't suspend you when you are using a vps?

They can and they do. Many hosts are using the cheaper software and can't control the resources properly so they will suspend you.

Well if it's only 2 days then check with your provider if they have a refund policy? Like I said, sometimes hosts have a 7 day money back guarantee (no questions asked) type of policy.

Just ask. That's all you need to do. Obviously, the sooner the better.

Well i have been using vps for my sites but its bit powerful and successfully hosting my 5 sites which having decent traffic. Also i have used several ones from different providers. But ofcourse they are stable ones ;)

As you have taken the hosting in hostgi only 2 days back . According to their TOS .

7-Day Money Back Guarantee
HostGi offers an unconditional 7-day money back guarantee that covers cancellations of an web hosting account made during the first 7 days of service, due to the inability to deliver satisfactory services. As a part of our strive to achieve industry leading customer satisfaction, the customer will be refunded all hosting charges made to their credit card minus any setup fees which are non-refundable. Refundees will also be charged a standard rate of $0.10 per GB transferred within the 7 day time period, this will be taken into consideration and deducted when a refund is given. The guarantee does not apply to accounts with non-use, misuse, and/or abuse of this agreement. Any questions regarding the 7-day money back guarantee should be forwarded to support@HostGi.com.

Now its totally left on them in which of their clause they will add you in. If you ask the refund.

Do they have a refund policy? If not, they should at least pro-rate refund you. It's what we would do.

They can and they do. Many hosts are using the cheaper software and can't control the resources properly so they will suspend you.

There is no a stable way to control disk I/O on a VPS, unfortunatelly.

Have you actually asked for a refund or not?? I don't really see this topic going anywhere to be honest?? Sounds like this might turn into a 9 page debate for a $8.00 refund lol, which could have been avoided if you were to just ask them for one in the first place. Just saying :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back