Call from Private Number India

Status
Not open for further replies.

black0xio

Hiya,

I've heard and also read a lot about making calls which hides your mobile number and shows "Private Number" instead. Today a guy tried it out on me, and due to some reasons I can't ask the guy how he did it. But I would seriously like to know how he did it.
He called me from very weird numbers like: +66xxxxx, "Private Number", "Unknown Number" and so on.

Can anyone of you tell me how its done?
It can include anything, buying a gateway, buying a premium membership on some website, configuration within the mobile itself or any other thing.

11 comments
@black0xio

Private Numbers , VIP Numbers , Unknown Numbers are available directly from the Centers of the operators

For Private Numbers / Unknown Number u have to have a NOC from the Police and few other things before you can apply to you operator that's the legal way which i know

Where as VIP Numbers like 9167111111 and others are available if you are ready to pay for it they are easily available not like the private numbers

Private numbers require you to have a certain connection in the political level :P

Sometimes you can find the setting on Mobile for not displaying your number from displaying while making calls... but its not effective sometimes...
Best option is to activate this service from your service provider... Go to the nearest service provider outlet and ask them to activate that service on your number, they will charge some, depends upon the service provider, but not too much.

Hope you get your query resovled :)

@St0neF!sh the method you provided works to a small extent the other guy if he has your number he can call you back.

where as in the NOC method you can get a permanent block :P

Yes, thats why I have mentioned the Best Option is....
I dont think NOC is required from PS...
BSNL may ask for it but other private Service providers will do it normally...

He must enquired to the local outlet to get the cleared-cut picture, isn't Mind Freak?

Hmmm, So basically, if I go to the operators and tell em to activate it on my number, they will do the same but charge more and ask for some documents.

Well, yea seems good, though any other methods available? Coz I'm pretty sure the guy who did it on me isn't well exactly someone who follows protocols :P

All UK phones have an option to show or hide your number or you just put 141 before the number

Weird why you guys have to get the police to say its ok before you can hide your number

It's probably through Caller ID spoofing. Callers hide their phone numbers by faking the information that appears on the recipient's caller ID. It can make a call appear to have come from any phone number the caller wishes.

To spoof a caller ID, caller can use the (1) typical spoofing service where customers pay in advance for a personal identification number, allowing them to make a call for a certain amount of time. The customers dial the number given to them by the company and enter their PIN. Then they enter the number they wish to call and the number they wish to appear as the Caller ID. Once the customer selects these options, the call is transferred and the person on the other end receives the customer's call. Assuming Caller ID is used on the receiving end, the receiver would normally assume the call was coming from a different phone number — the spoofed number chosen by the caller — thus tricking the receiver into thinking the call was coming from a different individual or organization than the caller's.

Or, (2) other Caller ID spoofing service providers also allow customers to initiate spoofed calls from a Web-based interface. Some providers allow entering the name to display along with the spoofed Caller ID number.

Either of the two, be aware that even if the caller faked the number on your caller ID, the real caller information is recorded within the telephone company's database. So if you want a specific call checked, you can have it pulled up based on the time and date you receive it.

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

If you're considering spoofing caller IDs, I suggest you think again. Although you can hide your phone number, there are also apps used to reveal it. And if that happens to you, you might just get reported to http://www.callercenter.com and once you do, about 22, 000 people will be viewing your phone number everyday. With all those viewers, I'm sure some of them happen to like prank-calling, too. And you wouldn't like to make your home phone subject to prank calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back