Buying New Laptop Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

im9ure

hello everyone

i need to buy a new laptop , my budget is less then $1500 .
First i was thinking of buying
Macbook Pro (13-inch: 2.7 GHz , 2.7GHz dual-core , Intel Core i7 ,4GB 1333MHz)

then i was browsing online and went to future shop and saw these laptops
HP Pavilion 17.3" Intel Core i7-2630QM Laptop (DV7-6070CA)
HP Pavilion 15.6" Intel Core i7-2630QM (DV6-6195CA)

these laptops are less pricy and more ram and also have bluray , i never have used macbook before though had used osx and liked some things abt it .....

now i am confused which one to buy ..... which of these laptops will give better performance ,

need ur suggestions ,plz reply

Thanks

16 comments
dont buy a mac. they are extremely over priced.

best thing to do really when getting a laptop is just go to the store and test out a bunch of them.

laptops are based on the feel. if you cant type with your laptop COMFORTABLY then that laptop sucks..

pretty much any computer now a days will suite your needs. but. to help you chose a better computer to your needs. what will you be using the laptop for?

@ShareShiz , MrSandvik
i will be using laptop mostly for browsing and might download some movies ....
even i3 processor will be good for me but i want i7 for long run .....

edit :
also sometimes use softwares like adobe photoshop and expression web ..

if your ripping dvds and shit then ya go for an i7 .. other than that. just surfing the web, downloading and watching movies, i5 or even i3 is fine.

If you only use the PC to download files and surfing online, you do not need a very expensive computer. Speed ​​depends on your broadband and your supplier. You should have a large hard drive and you should be OK with RAM so you can surf without problems.

For what do you need a laptop?
High processing uses? like Editing/Encoding then go for a mac
If you are much into carrying your laptop to places then go for HP Pavilion 15.6" Intel Core i7-2630QM (DV6-6195CA)

17.6" screen will be too big for normal usage. If you are just going to keep your laptop in one place and use it for watching movies, then go for that one

buy the l7 one don't buy anything outdated if you have the fund ;-) keep in mind that you won't have to update it soon,core 2 duo is old now,don't buy anything apart quad core or the new amd 6 core ;-)

thanks everyone for ur replies

i will be buying laptop for atleast 4-6 years and dont want my laptop to be outdated , so was going for i7 processor, maximum ram and features .

the only apple product i have used is iphone and comparing it to other phones its too good . thats what make me think that mac will be better then windows .

i live in india , sometimes hot dusty weather etc.
i have used HP and it didnot gave me any trouble except the battery and its outdated now .
i want to know more abt mac durability etc .

a second generation i5 will also do for u as per your needs but i would like to tell you that i7 will generate heat problems and less battery backup 3 hours max for 6 cell standard and honestly u dont need a quad core for downloading and watching movies i5 2410 with 4 gb ram will be a overkill for you but if u have money and dont have any damn intention to save precious bucks then go for any damn laptop but if u care for ur money google hp pavilion dv6 6016tx (if i remember correctly) beats audio sys or dell xps 15 i5 2410 with a jbl sound system for watching movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back