1 TB Sata II HDD
ATI Raedon HD 5500
20" samsung LCD
iBall 550 Watt PSU
Creative X-Fi
Altec Lancing Speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
APC 650 Watt UPS

Now I am confused about some of these config, because a frnd of mine said it would be better to use 2 Nvidia 9500 GT as SLI than any 9800 GTX or ATI HD 5500
Another One Said not much speed difference b/w Athlon x2 5500 Black Edition & Starting Level Phenom

So anybody have any ideas ? or give me a better config for my pc ? overall price shuld be same. Oh and my main criteria is gaming.

19 comments
Are you planning to buy Windows 7 Ultimate x64 license? :)) ,and to stay on topic : 2GB i not enough for gaming , buy 3 or 4 at 1333 and take a cheaper 19' lcd monitor.

I am not buying 7
telling for reference only
and ya may be good advice but 19" will take 400-500 less only where as 3 or 4 1033 will take 1500-2000 extra

2gb memory is too low so go for at least 4gb, then dont go for a nvidea card, go for the latest ati hd 5000 series, then finally go for the amd phenom x4 955 be.
:)

mate go with core i3 2.93ghz , 4gb ram , 9800gtx and cool master 500w psu.

Also take LED screen. it gives good visibility from all angles. and prices are near 6.5k INR only

Intel Core i7 980 Xtreme ;)
and Nividia GTX 480 ;)
Two Kingston 6GB Rams
Hitachi 2TB HardDrive :)
and a Samsung 22X DVD-RW.
^Buy one with these specs it will run the next 5 years ;)

Seeing as nobody is offering any real advice, I'll pitch in.

- I'ld buy maybe 2 more GB of RAM (It'll go a long way)
- I can't seem to find the 5500 online. Do you mean the 5570? Also, why not invest in something better since you're into gaming and IF your budget allows it?
- You don't really need the sound card for your gaming purposes. The inboard should do fine
- I'ld also invest into a bigger PSU for the near future when you add more components. This site should help: http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucalc/index.html

Your setup is nice but it's not how I would do it. I would go for an i5 setup with the highest 5xxx series card my budget would allow and wouldn't buy a sound card.

Similar thing - Different cards.

If it helps:

I run a pair of stock SLI'd 1Gig 8500GT's (For graphics rendering, not gaming) & the difference is obvious compared to the 1Gig 9500GT I used before - Even when it was clocked!

Some of these cards are dirt cheap now, so if you can afford a pair with decent specs I'd be tempted to do so. You could always clock a couple of lower spec'd ones & share a bit of system RAM if you've any to spare ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back