VPS BoxSlots.com - Unmetered 100Mbit/1Gbit/2Gbit VPS from £10.99/month (CS: Hacked)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zack[BoxSlots]

Banned
Banned
NOTICE FROM STAFF
VPS AND DEDICATED SERVER CLIENTS PLEASE VIEW
- http://www.wjunction.com/10-hosting...mation-dedicated-vps-clients.html#post1175445

THIS APPLIES TO EVERY CLIENT:
IF YOU PAID THROUGH PAYPAL, OR ANY OTHER PAYMENT PROCESSOR THAT ALLOW YOU TO DISPUTE PAYMENT - PLEASE DISPUTE YOUR PAYMENT, PROVIDING AS MUCH INFORMATION AS YOU CAN. IF YOU NEED HELP PM A MEMBER OF (WJUNCION) STAFF.

SHARED HOSTING CLIENTS:
PLEASE USE THE SHARED HOSTING SALES THREAD FOR DISCUSSION ON BOXSLOTS.

100% of this may not be true, I'm just typing what I've been told the past two weeks, enjoy the story.. Not a happy ending.

November 28 - RapidSpeeds servers went down (Probably wrong date...)
November 29 - BoxSlots received 25 orders the next day.
November 30 - BoxSlots received 35 orders & sold out.
December 1 - BoxSlots received 40 orders & sold out once again.
December 2 - Tickets were being answered & everything started to go back to normal (sold out)
December 3 - BoxSlots was taken down by a jealous competitor. (Hacked) Nearly 30 clients left.
^ 80 hour work week :(

December 4 - All nighter, setup 300 VPS's & started performing over installs, tickets, etc. (30 hours straight no sleep :( )

December 5 - Still performing installs, tickets, charge-backs, etc.
December 6 - Everything was slowly going back to normal, only a couple of tickets left.
December 7 - BoxSlots was once again hacked by a jealous competitor.
^^ 3 hours a sleep each night.. healthy huh? Bad customer service my ass...

December 8 - Once again, setup 250 VPS's, installs, answering tickets & dealing with more charge backs.
December 9 - Nearly every penny was spent on security, upgrades, server maintenance, etc...
December 10 - Tickets, installs, charge-backs, normal day after being hacked..
December 11 - Xen was upgraded to a better control panel & was hoping for auto-reinstall to be done by the end of the week.
December 12 - Tickets & xen work...

December 13, 2011 - During the day, the jealous competitor somehow hacked into our systems & started re-installing our client's servers. Solus was taken offline to prevent this from happening to the remaining clients. During the day, rk's internet was taken down, so he had no way in helping the situation (tickets were not answered, due to the fact, I don't have access to refunding the payments, solus, etc...).

Financially, BoxSlots cannot go on, due to the charge-backs, hacking, & security improvements (I guess they didn't work huh?)

Reputation, we provided a service with decent support & services, only thing that makes us look bad is the hacking... Overall we were a great company.

@Remaining Clients
If you do "have" a server online still & it has not been cleared, please make a backup of all your data ASAP.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to be banned because of this prick, I've done my part in this company by providing a service & doing the best I can to make everybody happy, if you guy's can't see that, you need to smash you heads in.

Hope you guy's find a decent host, I worked my ass off & this is what I get in return.

Take care.

Zack

Last edited by a moderator:
255 comments
Amazing speeds
7hVzQ.png

I'm still waiting for my ticket to be responded too to be able to use my VPS..can you guys please check the system..

#938617 - Been waiting for Rick for 6+ hours already, is he on to resolve it?

View Ticket #843175

Pls watch at this ticket i have much probblems and need your Help to get the Installation like before the datalost!

Pls Help

so far my box is running ok.
the only problem i have is the crappy speeds to filejungle.
apart from that, all good =)

Crap, I wrote a long review and it time out. I guess I am a slow writer lol.

Anyway this is a review on Boxslots. (An Honest one)

I joined Boxslots back in July 2011. I was very happy and more than satisfied with the performance their vps offered with the price tag. I think its the best you can get. I had their Started VPS with 100mbit dedicated port. Most of the time speed topped 60M/s. I do not know how is that possible but yes it did and still does.

On 12/3/2011 I ordered my 2nd VPS of the same kind and before it could get deployed. Their entire system went down because of WHMCS bug. For a day or two I was still under impression that its a glitch in their system. I saw a brand new VPS in my account and thought they mistakenly deleted my other VPS which I had with them for few months. Later that day I found out that they got hacked because of WHMCS bug which was beyond their control. I was EXTREMELY pissed because I had over 300GB worth of Data on that VPS. The only backup I had for that was on my Home PC. Imagine uploading 300GB from your home computer. (Yup pain in the rear end)

I instantly wanted to cry like a baby as soon as I realized that I lost everything on that server and it was never going to come back. I decided to move to a different provider thinking that if a company gets hit with something like this, it is unlikely that they will ever come back. Mainly because it is hard to start from scratch, they lost many customers including me because of that.

I opened a ticket, that got wiped out I guess because they restored their old database for client area. I thought they were playing with me and wouldn't like to answer my ticket. I opened another one, and this time got a reply with the explanation. At first I didn't want to hear a word other than compensation for what I lost. Then I realized it must be hard for them to deal with this, So i just simply asked for a refund on my new server which was never deployed. I didn;t expect anything more than that, but amazingly Rickie offered me a partial refund on the VPS that I had with them for the days left on invoice. I still didn't want to stay with them so I moved on.
For next few days I tried 2 different hosts, both of them are here on Wjuction and I will not name them. Both were laggy, and didn't suit my needs. In the mean time I got back in touch with Boxslots and found out that they are back in business. It really shocked me, to be honest if i was the owner of Boxslots, I would have ran away and started a new company. But no, Boxslots did come back and tried their best to fix the issues.
I know it took them a while to fix everything and yes tickets were delayed. But you all need to realize that what the went through is not normal in any way.

Now, I am back with them and have partially been back on track. Thanks to my home internet connection of 50Mbps. Otherwise it would have been impossible to get back with my business this soon.

All I am saying is, whatever happened was a huge loss for all of us (including Boxslots). Boxslots probably lost many customers but I am sticking with them because they showed an effort to come back and make things right for their customers.

My server is back to normal for couple of days now and everything is running smoothly. On 100mbits dedicated my server downloads at 60M/s for most of the time. I don't see many hosts offering this kind of service.

My request to boxslots is that please make sure nothing like this happens in future. I will hate you with passion if I have to upload 300GB worth of data once again lol.

Other than that, its all good :) My support is with you, mainly because you tried your best to make things right for your customers.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back