Have you blocked search engines from your website?

• Yes

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 83.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
11 comments
Yes, i'm seirous. Perhaps you created your own very personal website and google were indexing your personal details.

Well I wouldn't create a very personal website on the internet that has information sensitive enough that you're blocking it from a search engine. You mean like a portfolio?

Perhaps a blog with your real name, photos, videos which is suppose to only be viewable by your friends.. That's just one sample.. Although, if you want to make your community private/underground.

well if i would like to create a private site, i would password protect it, if it has private information, etc.

I'm blocking search engine bots on my encoding/uploading dedicated server. The files has a http access, and i don't want others to find them accidentally with search and start using my bandwidth. I like to remote upload.

yea sandy is correct, I have a site which I blocked search engines. It is a place only for my eyes, no one else needs to see it, even if they search and accidentally get to it.

However the rest encourage search engines with open arms. I even offer free drinks and food to the spiders who visit. :)

I blocked access for my premium link generator. No need for search engine traffic. All your visitors will be back the next day anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back