Status
Not open for further replies.

Vick

Banned
Banned
Hi,

I'm not really a fan of the 'blackhat' section. It look's like it's being flooded with cracking/hacking applications. Where along the lines did WJ go from a "legal webmaster forum" to a "post illegal techniques/appls" forum. :(

For example, DP is a large online digital/internet related forum. They don't have a section for illegal related webmastering techniques, etc.

I'm not complaining, trolling, etc. Just sharing how I feel that, we shouldn't really have anything 'blackhat' hat related.

Just how I feel, that's all.

7 comments
Someone's Terms Of Service (ToS) does not represent the LAW, note the difference. Facebook doesn't allow selling of likes, but infact only them can do that through advertising on facebook. You won't go in jail for that.

Also, we're not DP, we're WJ, if that makes any sense. There's no need to exist 2 exact same DPs, I hope you agree.

I'm not going to compare DP with WJ, I understand that majority of sites deal with issues differently to be unique with their own systems, I guess.

Although that being said, don't you believe that WJ should try, and attempt to be 'ethical based' rather than both ethical/unethical.

Another example, I noticed a user was posting warez, and illegal cracking, hacking tools. I reported him/her, and notice their post's are gone. But I guess the 'blackhat' related world/niche is bringing in a bit of heavier traffic that's why we've got boards/threads for it all.

I guess in the end no one cares about running a ethical forum, and cares mostly about traffic, building revenue. I don't know, just an assumption, I could be wrong. Feel free to share your thoughts, afterall this is a community/forum for discussions :)

Define 'ethic' in search engine optimization.
If I say it would be unethical to criticize Wjunction by any means, would you accept that as 'unethical' norm?

When you are talking about search engine optimization, you are talking about rules that one site set up. And that's google.

By them, it's unethical if you are exchanging links with other sites, so users can come on your site. Now, if that makes any sense to you, bravo.

Note that we don't alow any extreme form of SEO, such as ddos attacks, hurting competition by any hacks, email spamming, defacing, DNS hijacking or any other similar extreme BH techniques.

Everything else is upon a user, to collect a knowledge, and decide what he wants to do. None of those techniques that are left, can hurt anyone else, but the user himself, if not done properly.

BH is part of webmastering knowledge. Just like you can't be in security team, without knowing how to actually do penetration testing to test website for vulnerabilities, you can't be complete webmaster without knowing and being familiar with black hat SEO techniques.

WJ is all in one forum for webmasters and here we have both white and black hat. which ever one you want, go to that section and make use of it.

And we have only BlackHat SEO section to discuss light blackhat methods, nothing more. There are no other blackhat stuffs here.

WJ lot better than DP. I was banned even though I didn't use my account much. I made new account to seek attention of staff about this problem as they never reply to their Twitter which is their only means of communication. But the admin replied and asked me to give old account details via pm and banned my new account lol. How am I supposed to pm him. I then never looked towards DP.

WJ is informative is every sense. I have to admit that all the info I currently have is because of wj. No exaggeration here.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back