BitShare - Free File Storage and Cloud Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wonderful morning to all of you! :sun:

I have registered new on Bitshare for uploading.
I tested the system with a clean account.

I uploaded this file (17 MB):
http://bitshare.com/files/dh346plm/DATPA.v5.0.0316.0317.rar

3 different users of my forum downloaded this file yesterday.
But the counter of downloads is still 0:

222ly.png

The downloads of two 106 MB parts have been counted:

333ms.png

The stats also counted this 2 downloads:

But why the three 17 MB Downloads haven't been counted?
Does the filemanager counter count all downloads or only paid downloads?
Can anyone of this forum please download the 17 MB Testfile to verify a correct counting?

But why the three 17 MB Downloads haven't been counted?
Does the filemanager counter count all downloads or only paid downloads?
Can anyone of this forum please download the 17 MB Testfile to verify a correct counting?
They count only 1 download per IP per 250 minutes. So maybe one of your users have already downloaded a file from bitshare previously..

I'm not sure if this count limitation applies site wide or valid only per uploader..

They count only 1 download per IP per 250 minutes. So maybe one of your users have already downloaded a file from bitshare previously..

I'm not sure if this count limitation applies site wide or valid only per uploader..
Actually I've just downloaded this file around an hour ago, and I haven't downloaded anything from BS within the last two weeks. And according to plauzi at the other board there is still no download counted!

So I'd say there is either something wrong, or ... I don't wanna use the word "Cheat" here. Instead I would like to see Mr. Bitshare checking the logs and give us some feedback.

Edit:
Downloaded it again with another IP/ISP:
bitshare2.jpg

Time is CET

Last edited:
I have contacted AlertPay regarding banning Bitshare and this is what they said :

Our records don't show Bitshare to have ever submitted their website for review. We have just recently changed our review process now making it necessary for merchants to submit a website for review before being able to utilize an AlertPay check our page.

Kind regards,
AlertPay_Albert (Employee)

Bitshare, please add alertpay

Mr.ACR: We recognize users via IP/Cookie/Session. Your downloads are all not real, since they are blocked. Nothing wrong, just check our rules.

plauzi: We check every attempt to your files, no free download was ever finished completly. Also to be counted, they need to be valid and not blocked before via our limitations.

callado: We already add them, but they dont verify us. We contact them here too they tell us just copy/paste answers. Please be patient until we get real answers.

Site today will have a short upgrade.

Mr.ACR: We recognize users via IP/Cookie/Session. Your downloads are all not real, since they are blocked. Nothing wrong, just check our rules.
Sorry, but what are you talking about? :facepalm:

I haven't downloaded one of my own files. I've downloaded a file from another - not to me related in any kind - account, and this download is not counted, as plauzi has stated now a couple of times.

Plauzi != Mr.ACR 8-)

And I know that a DL is only counted, if a IP / User / Session has not downloaded another file within x minutes.
But, as I have already stated, I didn't download a single file from Bitshare in the last two weeks. Those files I've downloaded from Plautzi are the first ones within two weeks. So at least one download should have been counted. But in fact not a single DL is counted on that file at all, although - as plautzi stated - a couple of different users downloaded that file.

So explain plz and TIA.

Edit:
plauzi: We check every attempt to your files, no free download was ever finished completly. Also to be counted, they need to be valid and not blocked before via our limitations.
So are you implying that only (complete and) free downloads are counted, and premium downloads aren't counted at all? Just asking, so no offense.

Last edited:
Mr.ACR: We told you and your friend already, that NO VALID free user download was made. What are you talking about? Please read our rules.

I don't want to make trouble, I only want to understand, what (not) happened. 8-)

I downloaded these 2 files as a not registered free user with my neighbours IP-address. Completely different from mine, because of another provider.
I saw the downloads live with my own eyes: The downloads were finished until end of download. They were real and complete on HDD.

Another question to you:
What values of downloads are shown in the filemanager (My files -> DLs) of bitshare?
Only counted downloads or every download of a file (Premium downloads etc.)?

Actually, many users downloaded this 2 files completely, but the filemanager still shows this:

bild2el.png

I only want to understand, what's wrong.

Mr.ACR: We told you and your friend already, that NO VALID free user download was made.
What is a VALID free user download?
I think, there were some VALID free user downloads already. ;)

Mr.ACR: We told you and your friend already, that NO VALID free user download was made. What are you talking about? Please read our rules.

And I've told you that I've downloaded this file as a Premium User which I am. So it would be helpful if you answer my question if PA-Downloads aren't counted.

And I really would like to read the part of the rules, which point me into the right direction. But (as I mentioned here weeks ago) the links to the downloading and to the premium FAQ are dead, and neither the "Privacy Police" nor "Terms of our service" state anything about this topic.

plauzi: We see only premium users trys/attempts on those 2 files. Make sure you get free user downloads, they are counted without any problems.

Mr.ACR: For example, you can check our first post in this thread. We temporary removed our affiliate page.

@BitShare:
Thanks for info. :)
My neighbour has no account at bitshare and downloaded both files completely.
Why are they not counted?

And the other question:
What download types are shown in the filemanager (not in the stats!)?
All downloads or only valid counted downloads equal to the stats?

Mr.ACR: For example, you can check our first post in this thread. We temporary removed our affiliate page.
So in fact you count only free downloads. Thanks, good to know.

But ... and this would be my first real complain, in that case not even points are created by a PA. And honestly imho this sucks.

BTW, it would be nice if you implement a feature, which also shows dls created by PA.

plauzi: There is no valid free user download on any of this files. We only count valid downloads, not every view. Please read my previous posts or read the FAQ on first page.

Update: If you like, you can pass us your neighbours IP and also a file, where he may make an free user download. Please send us all information via PM and i will forward this to techs, to check closely if this issue is serious or not.

Mr.ACR: Points are counted for PA too. Yes, we will soon allow users to check EVERY view, so you can see all attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back