Status
Not open for further replies.

LightCode

Banned
Banned
hello guys

i am interested in buying seedbox soon, and want to know your preferred seedbox from

your experience, also should provide rapidleech .

for now, i would go for seedmybox if i don't find better one, cheaper price ...

thx for answering in advance.

10 comments
I would suggest you just purchase a VPS, I purchased one from vps6 for $10/month and bought additional 20gb space. I have installed seedbox on it (google it, you would get tons of guides), rapidleech, a proxy etc. The speeds are great. Since I bought it to download personally (not to upload to file hosts), I got the turkey VPS which gives me great speed since I live in Asia. (:

I would suggest you just purchase a VPS, I purchased one from vps6 for $10/month and bought additional 20gb space. I have installed seedbox on it (google it, you would get tons of guides), rapidleech, a proxy etc. The speeds are great. Since I bought it to download personally (not to upload to file hosts), I got the turkey VPS which gives me great speed since I live in Asia. (:

thanks mate, i think this is even better, i'll try it, but installing seedbox seems complicated for me although after reading some tutorials, cuz i am not very familiar with vpss.

and they asked 15$ to install it for me !

i am using vps6.net and i think its the best vps provider at present for seedbox and rapidleech

it seems a popular vpss provider.

i am using vps6.net and i think its the best vps provider at present for seedbox and rapidleech

Are you using their uTorrent + Rapidleech + VNC template?

I was wondering how does this perform with the 512MB RAM package or do you need at least 1GB?

I guess with the VNC access it makes it easier for copying and pasting files directly into your Rapidleech directory.

But again the question would be how much RAM or which of their packages would be best or at least minimal for all that. I tried their Chicago server when they first came on WJ and it was very fast to my PC. (I live on the East Coast)

thanks mate, i think this is even better, i'll try it, but installing seedbox seems complicated for me although after reading some tutorials, cuz i am not very familiar with vpss.

and they asked 15$ to install it for me !

it seems a popular vpss provider.

You can do it yourself, I used this tutorial: http://www.diyseedbox.com/
After that I installed PHP and used sftp (port 22) to transfer RL files and it works fine.
Like cowboy said, they have a template so that might work too but I didn't use the template cause I am quite familiar with setting up a vps.

Are you using their uTorrent + Rapidleech + VNC template?

I was wondering how does this perform with the 512MB RAM package or do you need at least 1GB?

I guess with the VNC access it makes it easier for copying and pasting files directly into your Rapidleech directory.

But again the question would be how much RAM or which of their packages would be best or at least minimal for all that. I tried their Chicago server when they first came on WJ and it was very fast to my PC. (I live on the East Coast)

Why do you need vnc? You can use sftp by logging into root if you want to move files or you can use cli as well. I am using the 512mb package for transmission and rapidleech and a proxy. No lags but I don't rar/unrar since I usually download mkvs itself so yeah.

But it's santrex, probably the worst hosting providers lol. You could do a simple google search and you would see a large number of negative reviews of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back