Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudShadow

Well i have a legit site which is currently hosted on xsltel. Recently they have had quite a few problems which is affecting my website and its visitors.

So i was wondering, which hosting provider is the most stable and best for a legit site? I am looking for a cheap solution, around 6$ maybe. I know of hostgator, but is there any other company?

21 comments
HostGator is the best of the best of the best. It's pretty awsome. Best support ever! Also they take good care of the servers, I never had downtime with them (:
Ping was 200ms, fairly slow for a server but then again it was shared hosting I used with them... Didn't expect much :D

Legal sites don't exist, you always break some law. Hell, even Google is getting sued from time to time.

Pick some good Datacenter, and see what hosting providers rent/colocate servers in that DC.

USA
- FDCServers
- Choopa
- SoftLayer
- ThePlanet (Merged with SoftLayer, HostGator's servers are located in ThePlanet's DC's)

Germany
- Hetzner

Netherlands
- Leaseweb
- Ecatel

Good luck...

Well i will chime in as well and recomend Hostgator,i have been using them for well over a year now with no problems whatsoever. Bluehost as someone mentioned is also a good choice. I do not recomend using any host you find on this site though,i have tried many over my years here,and had nothing but problems. First choice is Hostgator though,and if you do a Google search you will find coupons you can use,and i think they are currently having a big sale on their shared packages

Can I be bias and recommend my hosting? Lol...All I host is legit sites... Ironic, I use FDC Servers on a 1 Gbps Port.

Whisper: Read my signature.

@jason

My site is about an organization i created at a local level, so i guess its legit. :p

I was confused between bluehost and hostgator, but as most people here are suggesting hostgator, i guess i'll go with them.

One question though, hostgator's site says that they offer everything unlimited for just 6$, which is kinda weird because most sites offer limited space and bandwidth in that price.Is there some catch to this? I dont think any host is this good. :P

@cory

Thanks for your offer, but i want to buy hosting from a company this time with proper support and 99.99% uptime. I can manage the downtime on my warez site, but i want this legit one to stay up all the time.

Last edited:
hostgator is awesome....

i have been with for 1 yr no problem i think my site has downtime of less than 10min in the whole i yr...

their support is a 10/10 rated service...

if u have a legal site just go with Hostgator

my suggestion

if you using nulled ipb beware my friend got caught out by ipb and then they contacted hostgator and got is details and had access to is site

In the past, I've used this for 2 years straight without an issue.
http://imageleet.com
I dropped using them because I no longer needed a shared host.

Later, I needed something real cheap, and at that time this was pretty cheap:
http://sharkspace.com
Still using this one. My uncle hosts a recipe site lol, so he uses it for his site. Been using it for a year now, pretty reliable.

Both of the above are pretty reliable and have been active for well over a year each now.

if you using nulled ipb beware my friend got caught out by ipb and then they contacted hostgator and got is details and had access to is site

I dont use anything illegal on my site, i got it made on simple HTML, nothing fancy.

@ Life

Thanks for the suggestion, sharkspace looks quite good, but they only offer 3 email accounts on the 4$ package, i need at least 100.

CloudShadow,

You can try getting a vps from leasweb, that might be best option for good uptime.

If you need shared, please gives us a try. We have unlimited email accounts in our packages.

For onshore needs, go hostgator, they have really met up to there reliability and you can pretty much be sure that your site wont just disappear with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back