Behind the scenes: Creating Adobe Photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Froomple

Adobe Talks About the Method and Challenges of Creating Photo Software

Dream jobs are made where individuals labor in love, and passions are fostered. It is where “working” is hardly the right descriptor for they day-to-day. Seeing people who truly love their work and work for their passion is rare. I want to tell those stories, and I found one worth telling at a place where they produce the tools that make the lives of creative professionals possible- tools that often at first we never knew we needed, but now would find it impossible to live without.

Almost a year ago, I knew I wanted to hear the story of Adobe and meet the faces and names behind the software I, and I’m sure all of you, use every day. Adobe did not ask me to come in, did not pay for this coverage, and the process of organizing the interviews took nearly nine months to coordinate.

In that nine months, the story at Adobe shifted dramatically, with a totally new product line and an emphasis on subscription-based software. With all that in mind, I took a trip to Adobe’s headquarters in San Jose as well as their beautiful San Francisco office to get a different perspective than we normally see. I wanted to see faces and personalities instead of just names. I wanted to meet the people and hear how they produce software that is undoubtedly, no matter if you approve of their pay policies or love their new system, the best suite of digital production programs on the market. I wanted to give Adobe the chance to tell their story through the great minds they employ. How, I asked, are they capable of continually producing software that pushes the envelope and expand what we as creatives have come to expect from our post-production tools?
The answer is not a straightforward one. It’s not a highway, but a city block. There are testers and prototypes always in flux. The plan for the next release is already in motion by the time the most current release is available to consumers. But it is not just testing and discussion, but more importantly the environment that Adobe fosters.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgO-5PeqzDY[/ame]

Read more:
http://fstoppers.com/believe-it-is-possible

2 comments
Awesome Share >.>
It's pretty tough for these guys. They deserve more than what they are being paid. [:P]
Or they are being paid a lot now also. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back