Status
Not open for further replies.

nietdanNL

Hello,

I've recently got my hands on my first VPS, it's Debian Lenny powered, 500mhz cpu, 512mb ram (2gb burstable), 50 gb diskspace and 100gb bandwith.

I was hoping to someone in the community could point me to the right direction so that I can use it for my purposes below. :). (With pointing I mean link me to a recommended tutorials etc.)

Basically I would like the ability to do that following things:
Managing FTP accounts.
Managing multiple websites (virtual host, apache, mysql, php)
Create email account
Managing DNS settings

If you would recommend any (free) control panel, then I will be pleased to hear so. :)

Kind regards,
Martijn

22 comments
Install CPanel for $13/month
You can get a free trial for 15 days and after that pay $13/month for license.
Its easiest AIO solution for all your needs

I'm familiar with CPanel, infortuantly I currently don't have any money availeble to purchase it. I have forgotten to say in the main post to tell that free control panel recommendations are welcome.

I've just looked at the kloxo website, and I saw that it installs everything for you. Including apache etc, isn't that dangerous for security?

Kloxo is good, but you need CENTos .... I am not sure if it runs on Debian .. almost sure it doesn't.

Ask your provider to install it for you .. they should have a template available.

I can choose in my control panel which os I want to be installed. Then it will reinstall within 5 minutes so that isn't a problem.

I'm also leaning towards webmin, which I've seen before. I only can't seem to figure out how to create email accounts with it.

Installing kloxo now, need to learn ypu instead of apt-get. Not sure if I will stick with it though. Any suggestions for debian 5.0 are still welcome.

I dont use debian as I use CentOs and ssh.
BTW, if you dont want a GUI for your needs, you can use trial of cpanel, it will automatically install all things and you can set it, even after 15 days your settings will remain

nietdanNL, i would recommend you to install Kloxo, but be sure you have CentOS 5.4 on your vps.

BTW: yum is much easier then apt-get.

Dutch: ik zie dat je nederlander bent, ik ook dus <3
ik gebruik zelf ook kloxo en het is de beste gratis control panel.
maar gebruik sowieso centos 5.4 ;)

Succes/Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back