Status
Not open for further replies.

xeniux

Hi Wjunction members :),

I see on other forums also some site like code canyon, that some of them had awards emblem icons for members, like awards emblems for : 100 post achievement, trusted seller or buyers, paypal verified user, seller that sells above 50/month, most awesome comment this month, donatur of the year, most valueable member, etc...

I think those kind of awards would make this forums become more fun and others that had not become members would think that this forum is more awesome than others (although Wjunction is quite awesome for me right now :) )... i could imagine that members would be more active to post to get the achievement :D.

most important thing is that buyer could know the seller reputation and thus more convince to step into the deal without fear to be scammed (although it could not be a guarantee that, but it could make lots of difference)...the seller could know too that the buyer is a trusted buyer and not just wasting the seller time to communicate with buyers ...

these suggestion could be implemented not just in the marketplace but also in the other thread sections.

hope that these suggestions could make this forums better with improvements :)

Kind regards

xeniux

23 comments
Hi,

I would say that the spam posts would be easily recognized from the irrelevant from the thread's topic :), it won't be an issue for the mods, but their jobs would surely have to read more posts :P, i think if Wjunction had enough Mods, this could be solved...

Kind Regards

xeniux

I have seen those award systems but wjunction has a very clean and kindda unique awarding system.This is one of the few great things which sets Wjunction apart from other communities.

In that system, people can spam to get the rank but in this system only and only the deserving people get awarded and its good to know that high post count is not a base selection criterion.

Those system see only the database statistics of a profile but wjunction recognizes the MEMBER. I cannot elaborate on this but trust me its a better system!

Hi,

thanks for the feedbacks :), the post award is one of the suggestions and could be not implemented if it sounds could leads to spamming, the awards could be implemented in others area such as trusted buyer and seller ;).

I totally agree with you that Wjunction here has a unique systems and only the one that deserve could have the awards... but making some improvement to make members have more fun in achievements could leads to this forums traffic and popularity in forums list, thus making more "profit" to us as members, WJunction mods, and owner more people joins this forums, more buy and sell, more higher ranking in search engines and alexa for Wjunctions, an automatically leads to "free" SEO :D.

Let me know more of your thought friends ;).

Kind Regards

xeniux

Hi,

In my opinion, how long you stay active in this forum didnt determine that you could know each members well. I had seen many members that have full star and lots of reputation still get banned, i do not why they are getting banned, but my best guess is that they say something inappropriate or scamming people... :(.

Kind Regards

xeniux

I personally would like to see that Happen as it increase the activeness in WJ as it already is for some users as they are regular visitors and they generally contribute for that fact that they think they are useful and this thing should get some reward not like some giveaway or shit, just to give some credits and notification that he is helpful and useful for the members

Trusted Seller, trusted Member, helpful Member of the month, Troller of the month, Best seller of the month, best service provider, Best suggester, Best Developer of the month, GFX ETC. I think this will motivate the Providers and it will be taking a lot of users Interest

Good Suggestion, well its just my opinion in the end

Last edited:
at the end of the day, it doesnt matter what color your name is, or how many badges you have stuck to your profile, if you are helpful and knowledgable, it will show, and people will know you for it. Statistics can be fooled. It takes only a few minutes to ask the forum about somebody if you arent sure.

Do not see that this suggestion would improve the forum an any way, quite the reverse in fact.

May i know why you say it would be reverse? 8-)

I personally would like to see that Happen as it increase the activeness in WJ as it already is for some users as they are regular visitors and they generally contribute for that fact that they think they are useful and this thing should get some reward not like some giveaway or shit, just to give some credits and notification that he is helpful and useful for the members

Trusted Seller, trusted Member, helpful Member of the month, Troller of the month, Best seller of the month, best service provider, Best suggester, Best Developer of the month, GFX ETC. I think this will motivate the Providers and it will be taking a lot of users Interest

Good Suggestion, well its just my opinion in the end

thanks for the feedback, i think it would motivate members too
:)

at the end of the day, it doesnt matter what color your name is, or how many badges you have stuck to your profile, if you are helpful and knowledgable, it will show, and people will know you for it. Statistics can be fooled. It takes only a few minutes to ask the forum about somebody if you arent sure.

Hi, yes in some part of your sentence i agree :), but as a noob to ask some credible forum member won't guarantee the safetyness of the transactions too, so the awards emblem is some kind of tools that would add the status for credible members :).

Cheers

xeniux

Emblems, Status Icons, Reputation stats, or awards will not guarantee the safety of any transactions conducted on the internet either.

This isn't a bad idea, it isn't the best and probably not necessary. But It can make the forum more fun & interesting. It's like a competition which will get more members involved. Because not everybody can do something on their own. At times they need a little bit of a push or have an ambition to do so.

My concern would be unwarranted trust. Older members will know that money has changed a trusted member many times (do i even need to mention names?). The only thing you can do in situations of buying/selling is use your head, do your research, and don't do something stupid like conduct a four figure transaction via paypal.

It would result in spam and those who really deserve get the 'Respected Member' title.

Most of moderators are monitoring whole the forum. it can be handled in that way btw.

OP#

And yes, ive got scammed twice from rda sellers ( upnetx and mightyhosts ) but thanks to paypal, i got refund after providing proofs. its good idea to make some changes in usergroups or add some achivements to mark trusted sellers.

Isnt this what these are for ??

ZbPbpm.jpg

loll ?

I support the proposal.

Thanks for the support, May i ask your opinion, should i open a poll mate? :)

Most of moderators are monitoring whole the forum. it can be handled in that way btw.

OP#

And yes, ive got scammed twice from rda sellers ( upnetx and mightyhosts ) but thanks to paypal, i got refund after providing proofs. its good idea to make some changes in usergroups or add some achivements to mark trusted sellers.

Hi,

Yes if the payment is by paypal you could get refund, but how about moneybooker or liberty reserve? do they offer refund policy too?
:'(

Isnt this what these are for ??

ZbPbpm.jpg

loll ?

That is one of the system to count the posts amount i suppose :P

@Nitish and @ DJ

Hi guys,

I'm Kindly ask you guys :

Please do not take your "fight" in my thread, go find somewhere else to debate irrelevant post.

:facepalm:

Kind Regards

xeniux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back