[Ask] Redirect Domain Affect My Serp

Status
Not open for further replies.

botnet

Hello WJ members, need your suggestion. I want to redirect permanent my old domain abc.com to my new domain def.com. Where old domain abc.com has a good SERP and pagerank on BIG G. Do you think that is a good idea ? Will this affect my SERP and pagerank ? Which one i choose 301 redirect or 302 redirect ? If someone ask why do you redirect your domain ? my old domain has a long word. Thanks before.

6 comments
If you go for permanent redirection (301) then there is no changes in SERP as far as I know. It will take some time for the search engines to notice the change and shift the PR to your new domain though.

Hope that helps

i have domain redirected and i didn't notice any lose at all, only pr isn't transferred, but there was no pr update after my redirect, all pages are indexed still, and with one movies related phrase im in top 10 :-)

it will Affect 25% of your Traffic, i have Transfered my domain from Blogspot to .Com and i am facing the the same situation, your Page rank will be 0 or N/A and it will take 3 months or so to take back all your backlinks to Another domain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back