Apache Problems with File Sharing Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyelton

So I use Xfilesharing Script on one of my Domains. Well anyways Its been running with settings untouched for 60+ days! All the sudden a few days ago it kept giving users 500 Internal Server Error when people tried to download from a link. Restarting Apache Fixes it but only temporarily.. Sometimes It will last 5 hours and sometimes it will only last a few min before requiring a restart of apache to make it start working again. Keep in mind all my OTHER domains and HIGH traffic sites still work just fine. Its just this CGI script thats having this problem and requiring me to restart apache, The Site will still work just fine and load up the AD`s but when they click the "Download Now" Button it will give the error. Its odd though because restarting apache for fix it for just a few. Been working with my Server provider with some help and there still stumped even after tweaking a lot of settings.

I`m loosing money from this. Posting in the forums does not help over at the company`s site.

Anyone have any clue or ideas? I get a lot of visitors on that site, but my Server Specs are not low either...

Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHZ - X24!
32GB RAM
1TB Hard Drive.
1GB Port.

12 comments
I feel stupid about not checking the error logs for the script found this: But NOW I have another problem, CGI script now as 500 Internal server error accross the entire site now, I`m guess my Server Support has changed something that did not need to be changed cause now the entire site is broken

So any idea about these logs? Seems to be Perl, even though apache had been fixing the problems

2014:05:21 10-55-38 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:121
Server closed connection without sending any data back at /usr/local/share/perl5/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 372.

2014:05:21 11-30-42 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:121
Server closed connection without sending any data back at /usr/local/share/perl5/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 372.

2014:05:21 11-35-57 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:37

2014:05:21 11-36-14 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:37

2014:05:21 11-36-33 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:37

2014:05:21 11-37-40 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:37

Got the Site Fixed, Now back to this problem when I have to restart apache every once in awhile, it seems to be a perl issue.

Last edited:
Have you run top or htop when you get the error before clicking the download button??

It could be a cacheing problem since restarting apache cures it. Are you still getting the symbolic link errors. They are usually caused by the links already existing. Maybe program is using the same link to define the file to the user for download.

Have you run top or htop when you get the error before clicking the download button??

It could be a cacheing problem since restarting apache cures it. Are you still getting the symbolic link errors. They are usually caused by the links already existing. Maybe program is using the same link to define the file to the user for download.

Any idea? Its back again :/ Same error:( It went a few days after running easyapache, but now this error is back and have to keep restarting apache again :(

2014:05:24 07-46-30 Error when creating symlink. ServerID: 1. FileID:127

I can only guess but it seems somehow it is trying to create the same symlink to a file trying to be downloaded.

So if it exists then you get the error. It would only happen if the file was being downloaded simultaneously by different users.

Ask the person who wrote the script. I have never used it or seen it so sorry I can not say where the error would be located.

I can only guess but it seems somehow it is trying to create the same symlink to a file trying to be downloaded.

So if it exists then you get the error. It would only happen if the file was being downloaded simultaneously by different users.

Ask the person who wrote the script. I have never used it or seen it so sorry I can not say where the error would be located.
its not that either... theres a lot of files on here and when this error happens no one can login and no one csn upload either but its the downloading part thats killing me

You could post on xfs support forums?

You need to find the code that creates the symlink and add -f to it, if that doesn't work add a line just before creating the symlink to delete any existing one, failing that check folder permissions.

Check Apache Logs & find whats in :
/usr/local/share/perl5/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line 372

Only after that , you can get the reason behind it.
Also XFS support can be help you better , if you do send your apache logs to them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back