Status
Not open for further replies.

KELLOGGS

I'm looking to start a larger business selling marketing services, should I be legit and use my real name, address and age or use an alias (over eighteen)?

8 comments
If you are under the age of 18 but feel passionate about it, then I would seek parental consent. Using their information and then changing it once you become of age. B-)

Yes I'm definitely keen to grow now rather than later, operate as my parent even on the website? To what degree can I not work as myself? They will not understand the majority of things I do and am going to do so it would be easier to be myself.

If it's legal then simply put it in their name if it's going to need documentation. Do everything for them but inform them of what each subject is and let them claim ownership until you are of age, then you simply move it to your name.

What kind of website are you wanting to run that would draw that much attention to worry about your age? I reviewed your original post and I don't see anything to stress over if you have a paypal with money in it :)

I felt it was not necessary but a person on another forum said to seek advice when starting a business that could be dealing with big firms. A fail safe for not delivering quotes is what he meant I think. I will just leave a disclaimer with every sale and hope that the situation never arises.

I would suggest using your own name and background. Using your parents could put them in harms way if a clent decides to sue.

They would at least have to pay for legal representation and at most lose everything they own.

Depending on where you live I would suggest forming an LLC for protecting yourself once you becoe eighteen.

KELLOGGS

Seek out your local small business development organizations and ask them these questions. They will have the knowledge of the local laws to benefit you the most. If you are in school a business instructor or student adviser should be able to direct you to the proper people to speak with. Because this varies from place to place it is important you get facts for your specific location.

I would just research as much as possible at the local library and if you are in the United States then an example for San Francisco, California is at. DO NOT use fake information and all the information you find; back it up and make hard copies. You will need help from your parents and let them know everything. I recommend an attorney if you can afford one.

My grandfather is a lawyer from Maryland and can operate in the following:

Principal, Litigation Deputy Practice Group Leader

Areas of Practice:
Commercial Litigation
Employment Law
Discrimination & Civil Rights
Creditor Bankruptcy Law
Personal Injury & Negligence
Domestic Relations

Bar Admissions:
Maryland
District of Columbia
U.S. District Court for the
District of Maryland
U.S. District Court for the
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the
District of Columbia
U.S. Court of Appeals for the
Fourth Circuit
U.S. Court of Claims
U.S. Supreme Court

Code:
http://www.sftreasurer.org/index.aspx?page=22

Last edited:
Yes I'm definitely keen to grow now rather than later, operate as my parent even on the website? To what degree can I not work as myself? They will not understand the majority of things I do and am going to do so it would be easier to be myself.

If you are under the age of 18 in the US, there is no such thing as "myself". If you get into trouble (legally), you're going to drag your parents into it whether they want to get involved or not. Unless they can prove you're competent and try you as an adult, your parents will get fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back