Anybody having any idea about Jailbreaking of his own PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthur

Hey,

I'm looking for a guy who is having some Personal Experience for "Jailbreaking PS3" and how to install games on it. I'm Noob in it. I've searched over the internet and found a lot of thread about this but there is also mention that " UPGRADING YOUR PS3 ONTO CUSTOM FIRMWARE HAS A CHANCE TO BRICK YOUR MACHINE, THIS IS THE SAFEST WAY BUT THERE IS ALWAYS A CHANCE TO BRICK AND / OR BE BANNED FROM PSN. IF YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO LOSE YOUR PS3 DO NOT INSTALL THIS"

So I'm kinda freaking out ATM to applying those things on my new PS3. Therefore, I would love to listen anyone of yours expertise's in this regard.

Thank you
Arthur

13 comments
Actually it has been bought by my cousin from Dubai. He is coming tomorrow. I've not in my hand yet so i don't know the version. But he bought Slim 320 GB MF3 PS3 Bundle Pack (found on PS3 website).

Well, it's been a while since I was active on ps3 forums, but I knew you could jailbreak ps3 3.55 using geohot jailbreak still not sure and look around that forum

Edit - Why do you want jailbreak, you know you can't play online, if you jailbreak your ps3?

I believe there is no working jailbreak for higher than 3.55 so forget playing games above that.

Being able playing copy games from the Net (and attach portable drives to it) weighs up to being able to play online.

I bought mine jailbroken already here in Bangkok.

you know you can't play online, if you jailbreak your ps3?
I didn't know that thing. Thank you for telling. However, I'm not interested in playing online. Furthermore, I have visited market today and found a new Console 320GB and it is jailbreak but he is asking too much for this as it has been short in the market.

@ sniffdog

I believe there is no working jailbreak for higher than 3.55 so forget playing games above that.
That's true but it also means that we can't play new games like MaxPayne 3, MW3 and uncharted 3 on it? But i saw many games threads of those above mentioned games on 3.55 CFW. Is that true?

Last edited:
new version can't be jailbreaked, you gotta install old version (firmware) which is 3.66 or 3.67 (not sure)

i tried jailbreaking my ps3 with the latest firmware (4.20 i guess) but it didnt work :(

I still don't understand, why you want to jailbreak as playing online is awesome
You will just waist $100 to get a jailbreak ps3 for that you can buy 2-3 games and play online for years.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back