any way to build distributed site on the clearnet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdc

Hi, im tired of unreliable single point failure hosting services.

How can i host public site, like for example torrent tracker: 123456torrenttracker.com
the way so anyone who use it also contribute in hosting parts of it and serving it to other people so the site is not centralized, based on some entity to manage billing account and pay the bills.

- issue can be with domain, how to pay it so it do not rely on some entity to manage billing account/pay the bills? There is dot tk , but unsure if can be used for this purpose and is enough reliable.

- issue can be ale also how to do it so the personal data of the site are not exposed to people who participate in serving/hosting parts of the site

thx for ideas

PS: i know there are darknet distributed services like Freenet, Zeronet, but these im unsure if are transferable to be public/clearnet facing. And probably may not be easy to port classic PHP,MySQL site to them..

Certainly would be better to have the distributed site available on the clearnet as it has much more users.

Last edited:
1 comment
I wonder if some of these are what you are looking for. At least it should be in the right direction.

ipfs.io

ethereum.org

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back