Any one have can help in estimating monthly needed bandwidth for filesharing website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Palestinho

Hello guys ,

I have a newly born file sharing website. I need to get an idea (maybe from people owning file-upload websites ) of how much estimated bandwidth needed monthly if it were 20000 visits/month for example .

Just trying to figure out and plan how much I will need later and choose the best dedicated hosting depending on that.

Thanks .

1 comment
Hello guys ,

I have a newly born file sharing website. I need to get an idea (maybe from people owning file-upload websites ) of how much estimated bandwidth needed monthly if it were 20000 visits/month for example .

Just trying to figure out and plan how much I will need later and choose the best dedicated hosting depending on that.

Thanks .
On a file sharing website, most of the bandwidth will be used for file downloads and not for serving web content. So it is hard to estimate it just by a number of visitors. You should figure out how many downloads you expect per month, and what the average file size will be, and from that you can estimate bandwidth.

Either way OVH is a good choice, as well as anyone else who has unmetered plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back