Status
Not open for further replies.

Intrusion

Any news on Servedome? I really liked them but was forced to switch when they were having troubles. Did they get their shit sorted out or what?

16 comments
Looks like it, My VPS is up&running again (after the 4~5 day downtime). I also want to repeat that this wasn't ServeDome's fault:
A friend of mine also owns a Server in Germany whoms SolusVM was also taken down. I honestly believe Solus lied to us saying that this wasn't a 0-day exploit.

Yeah they only had a problem on node 2. You can't always blame a host for having issues. Things happen sometimes. Should have stuck with them though. I heard most of the sites hosted with them got a couple months free or something for staying ;) Sorry to anyone who lost information like I did but i'm over it now!

Well figure it out, if someone hacked there servers/sites, what makes you think they won't do it again? They pissed off some people, that's what you get for hosting warez/hacking/kiddie pr0n sites, you piss a lot of people off, and I don't care if you are the best security professional in the world, you can't secure anything 100%, It isn't possible.

If you stick with this company your just asking for trouble.

Well figure it out, if someone hacked there servers/sites, what makes you think they won't do it again? They pissed off some people, that's what you get for hosting warez/hacking/kiddie pr0n sites, you piss a lot of people off, and I don't care if you are the best security professional in the world, you can't secure anything 100%, It isn't possible.

If you stick with this company your just asking for trouble.

I must agree with this guy. It'd explain all the DDoS attacks against them and wiping their servers out. If you decide to stay with them after all, I suggest you to setup daily offsite backups on a different network.

My advice is don't host anything important with them now - like your main site or something. Give it a few more months and see how it goes (to those who availed of the two month free vps).

Is too early but after a lot of problems they changed my web to a better server, runs stable now.
But... who knows, tomorrow perhaps the news are that they have a seciruty problem and lost all data lol... servedome is as is, not host any serious project with them.

Daily backups are needed now....

To answer some of your questions and concerns guys we are back stronger than ever, In fact we do take backups "upon request" if anyone here has a virtual-server simply submit a ticket regarding backup storage (y).

We are rebuilding and we are back on track we are also planing to expand our services here very soon to WJunction and will offer many new things xD

if anyone has any questions or concerns simply shoot me a private message and i will answer anything the best i can or direct the question to Servedomes Lead director.

Regards,
Dylan C
Servedome Internet Services

I´m still waiting for the answer to my question which i made some time ago.
Which was the security problem at servedome? Was my private data compromised?

Return stronger (i doubt) but without answers.

If i shoot Dlow a PM i will get my answers? (i doubt).

I honestly believe Solus lied to us saying that this wasn't a 0-day exploit.
Use a little the common sense, if that 0-day exists many hosting sites will be hacked, not only servedome.
My personal bet is that servedome made a newbie security mistake thats why they not want to answer me anywhere... :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back