Anonymous takes down several sites in revenge for Megaupload

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize you're talking about Anonymous, right? They're a bunch of basement-dwelling twats with a V for Vendetta fetish.
I don't understand why everyone thinks that Anonymous is a group of kiddies and basement hackers? Have they officially revealed this somewhere? If not, I guess you guys are over-underestimating the people who have more balls and skills in the internet world than you do. :O (Not just pointing at you OJ, I've read other users posting similar statements).

You do realize you're talking about Anonymous, right? They're a bunch of basement-dwelling twats with a V for Vendetta fetish.

Do you realize that you have no idea about what you are talking? Anyone using LOIC is Anonymous. There is no hierarchy in there. There is no BOSS. No head-master, no sen-sei, no guru. Software for DDoS-ing is available with source code for inspection, to anyone, for any platform. It's open source, so no one 'controls' it. You can run DDoS attack by yourself, or with a group launch, following their IRC channel, and letting someone controlling attack, and pushing BIG RED BUTTON instead of you. Basically, you can't point to anyone specifically, and say: HA, he's the leader, grab him!

Btw, didn't you said yesterday you are using LOIC yourself? :/

So .. 20 Warrant Send out over the global? Ah HA let say 20 of those people use the $ to buy... a space ticket to the moon they wont get caught? hahaha dont forget we have base , city, peoples up in moon right now hahah

Not to put a damper on things, but how does this really hurt any of these groups? I might be able to buy something on Universal Music, but I'm not very likely too. The other sites are just business portals. All Anonymous really did was mildly inconvenience some low level employees trying to log into their corporate intranet. Meanwhile MegaUpload's still down and the owner's still facing criminal charges and decades in prison...

Exactly. How long can they possibly keep the DDOS up? These sites will be back up again before you know it. I don't think anyone will be inconvenienced if these sites go down for a few hours as it doesn't affect the functioning of the government. What a waste of bandwidth.

Here's some "accounting" for you:

MPAA has 6 members: Disney, 20th Century Fox, Universal, and these three, with a yearly operating income of...

Sony Pictures - $300 million
Paramount - $300 million
Warner Bros. - $845 million ... Google - $10.381 billion

Now THAT is what I call voting with your dollars :)

Do you realize that you have no idea about what you are talking? Anyone using LOIC is Anonymous. There is no hierarchy in there. There is no BOSS. No head-master, no sen-sei, no guru. Software for DDoS-ing is available with source code for inspection, to anyone, for any platform. It's open source, so no one 'controls' it. You can run DDoS attack by yourself, or with a group launch, following their IRC channel, and letting someone controlling attack, and pushing BIG RED BUTTON instead of you. Basically, you can't point to anyone specifically, and say: HA, he's the leader, grab him!

Btw, didn't you said yesterday you are using LOIC yourself? :/

fG8jAq.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back