Anonymous hacks US Sentencing Commission, distributes files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath

Banned
Banned
http://www.zdnet.com/anonymous-hacks-us-sentencing-commission-distributes-files-7000010369/

Hacktivist group Anonymous took control of the U.S. Sentencing Commission website Friday, January 25 in a new campaign called "Operation Last Resort."

The first attack on the website was early Friday morning. The second - successful - attack came around 9pm PST that evening.

By 3am PST ussc.gov was down (it has since been dropped from the DNS), yet as of this writing the IP address (66.153.19.162) still returns the defaced site's contents.

It appears that via the U.S. government website, Anonymous had distributed encrypted government files and left a statement on the website that de-encryption keys would be publicly released (thus releasing the as-yet unkonwn information held on the stolen files) if the U.S. government did not comply with Anonymous' ultimatum demands for legal reform.

Anonymous has launched a warhead into orbit & demanded change to our justice system via US Sentencing Commission's site ussc.gov

— Ed Hunsinger (@edrabbit) January 26, 2013
Anonymous explained that they used this webiste for symbolic reasons.

The U.S. Sentencing Commission sets guidelines for sentencing in United States Federal courts, and on the defaced ussc.gov website Anonymous cited the recent suicide of hacktivist Aaron Swartz as a "line that has been crossed."

The statement suggested retaliation for Swartz's tragic suicide, which many - including the family - believe was a result of overzealous prosecution by the Department of Justice and what the family deemed a "bullying" use of outdated computer crime laws.

See also: Hacker, activist Aaron Swartz commits suicide
Anonymous has not specified exactly what files they have obtained. The various files were named after Supreme Court judges.

According to the statement:
Warhead – U S – D O J – L E A – 2013 . A E E 256 is primed and armed. It has been quietly distributed to numerous mirrors over the last few days and is available for download from this website now. We encourage all Anonymous to syndicate this file as widely as possible.

Video from Anonymous :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WaPni5O2YyI

3 comments
i hope this "as-yet unknown information held on the stolen files" comes soon

Suffice it to say, everyone has secrets, and some things are not meant to be public

Last edited:
I'm ready to be part of the revolution. Canadians will stand up. Americans will stand up. Fight this faggot fucking government. I will kill as many people who try to stop me when the time comes.

I'm a little batshit crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back