Alternative to putty

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparker366

Is there an alternative to putty. I admit that I am a lazy sot and don't like typing so much. Is there a client that will allow me to login with saved information and then launch an ssh terminal so I can do my stuff?

I have very cryptic pwds that I don't have memorized and putty doesn't allow you to paste into the command window from what I can see.

13 comments
Right click to paste.

I use putty but i actually use just a terminal in linux more. Lot easier.

Right clicking works when connected but right click from what I can tell will not let you paste a password in when logging in to a server. You have to physically type the pwd in when you log in.

I do admit that I stated my information incorrectly. It does allow command window but not in login screen. That is what I am trying to do. Sorry for incorrectly stating my issue.

So with that said tunnelier is exactly what I needed. works perferctly for all my needs. Can even use it for ftping stuff up to the sites I run. Saved profiles makes pwd entry no existent.

Thanks for the replies and information.

Right clicking works when connected but right click from what I can tell will not let you paste a password in when logging in to a server. You have to physically type the pwd in when you log in.

I do admit that I stated my information incorrectly. It does allow command window but not in login screen. That is what I am trying to do. Sorry for incorrectly stating my issue.

So with that said tunnelier is exactly what I needed. works perferctly for all my needs. Can even use it for ftping stuff up to the sites I run. Saved profiles makes pwd entry no existent.

Thanks for the replies and information.

You cannot see the password being typed. it stays invisible, try pasting it and clicking enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back