Alibaba ip listed as A record

Status
Not open for further replies.

imnothacker

hello i have seen many website which using diffrent hosting site
but their A record using ip which point to Alibaba.com

how is this happen
how they manage to change their ip to alibaba.com because they are not using alibaba hosting service

3 comments
If you own a domain then you have control on it and you can change the A record as per your choice. Can you give example of domain and what you curious about?

Its the normal setup for a site with a dedicated IP in cpanel & addon domains have been added.

You can configure any webserver like that.

I would guess any domain pointed to Alibaba.com IP will sort of be parked on the main domain, its depends if the CMS uses full hardcoded urls if not the parked domain will work like the normal site.

Some people used to park domains on other sites with high PR to get a fake page rank, or to fake domain stats before selling.

Last edited:
Its the normal setup for a site with a dedicated IP in cpanel & addon domains have been added.

You can configure any webserver like that.

I would guess any domain pointed to Alibaba.com IP will sort of be parked on the main domain, its depends if the CMS uses full hardcoded urls if not the parked domain will work like the normal site.

Some people used to park domains on other sites with high PR to get a fake page rank, or to fake domain stats before selling.

Agreed, Some of the users use CNAME to point to external sites, usually when you have to fetch the contents/pages etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back