AlertPay Warning To Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it isn't beyond your control, you could suck it up and pay the fee yourself like every other major payment gateway. All of your fee's are disproportionately high, which means you make plenty of money per customer.

Regardless, i'm not going to get my money back, and considering everything: high charges, no credit card allowed, large durations of time to withdraw money, three days to answer a support email, and even then, its a generic useless response, I dont think i will be using AlertPay for much longer. Whilst it is nice to know that if the customer pays the fee, I will be given the money back, but it is of little recompence considering it was not my fault in the first place. Your fraudulent checks failed you, and you appear to have laid the blame on the customer for your own shortfall. Most if not all payment gateways offer a "buy now" button, yet do not inform you of the fact that you are most likely going to want to install some form of "anti-fraud" system yourself to avoid potential unwanted charges. Of course, you wouldn't want to advertise that because your company loves to suspend accounts with thousands of dollars in it so you can invest till the cows come home. Sound familiar, anyone?

FYI, I emailed your support asking why I was charged and some guy called tariq told me that I could dispute the chargeback. Clearly he has no idea what he is talking about, or was replying with one hand whilst drinking his coffee on a lunch break. Cannot be bothered to ask him to actually read the ticket and wait another three days for a useless reply.

Last edited:
Well, it isn't beyond your control, you could suck it up and pay the fee yourself like every other major payment gateway. All of your fee's are disproportionately high, which means you make plenty of money per customer.

Regardless, i'm not going to get my money back, and considering everything: high charges, no credit card allowed, large durations of time to withdraw money, three days to answer a support email, and even then, its a generic useless response, I dont think i will be using AlertPay for much longer. Whilst it is nice to know that if the customer pays the fee, I will be given the money back, but it is of little recompence considering it was not my fault in the first place. Your fraudulent checks failed you, and you appear to have laid the blame on the customer for your own shortfall. Most if not all payment gateways offer a "buy now" button, yet do not inform you of the fact that you are most likely going to want to install some form of "anti-fraud" system yourself to avoid potential unwanted charges. Of course, you wouldn't want to advertise that because your company loves to suspend accounts with thousands of dollars in it so you can invest till the cows come home. Sound familiar, anyone?

FYI, I emailed your support asking why I was charged and some guy called tariq told me that I could dispute the chargeback. Clearly he has no idea what he is talking about, or was replying with one hand whilst drinking his coffee on a lunch break. Cannot be bothered to ask him to actually read the ticket and wait another three days for a useless reply.

Hi jayfella

Could I please have your ticket ID so that I may look into the matter?

We have no control over the fee that is levied. As someone mentioned this is a standard fee applied by the credit card companies.

Are you suggesting AlertPay swallow the cost of every charge-back? It would not be feasible, regardless of the size of the processor. Plus it would increase fraud as certain merchants would do things in bad faith knowing there is no regulation in place.

Please read our user agreement as it concerns this matter, our policy is clearly spelled out, https://alertpay.com/en/agreements.aspx.

As well I posted something similar to this in our support thread, see post # 701 http://www.wjunction.com/104-e-comm...95545-official-alertpay-support-thread-71.htm

We have preventative measures in place to detect fraud; however it is still good practice to have some on your side.

Much of the fraud we see is preventable on the merchant’s side. Within your account you can set measures to only accept payments for verified members, and to block members from certain countries where fraud is highest. This is possibly the highest indicator of fraud; if it’s a much larger than average transaction. Many merchants accept a payment 10 times higher than their average transaction and then are bewildered when it is recalled because of fraud.

Every merchant must have their own preventative measure in place to complement what their processors' offer.

Cheers

Sean

Awesome. Random Account Block without reason. Can only phone an american number :) Your company gets worse by the day.

UjhbCn.png

ALERTPAY is the most fucked up payment processor and i do not know HOW & WHY are they still having any reputation.

They are the most stupid processor and have the most STUPID methods applicable on the system.

And bout the system flow inside, i am bit pissed off to say that i can literally slap the person who made all the system inside AP.

I have experience with this also.
I ask one thing, and I get answer for something completely different and that just pisses me of. It's like they are just doing autoreply with copy-paste8-)
So, instead of answering my polite ticket, they deal with my pissed of ticket then:))

I'll be contacting the financial onbudsman regarding hidden fees and unexplained balance holding. Im pretty sure I won't be the only one.

FYI, the financial onbudsman is a regulatory body for the financial institute. They are the "policing" force for financial systems such as paypal, alertpay, banks, and any other company that deals in the financial sector. If you wish to make a complaint, google "Financial onbudsman 'your-country'" and they will contact the company on your behalf, send you all the paperwork you need, and enforce any deadlines required in order to process the complaint in a timely manner.

A friend of mine called them to ask for with which bank he can do the bank wire verifications coz his bank was not allowing the transac due to RBI rules..

That friend of mine was placed on hold for more then 16 minutes and then no sign of the support guy picking up back, he has to disconnect as it was an ISD call for him from INDIA to CANADA.

Their support staff is a joke.

A friend of mine called them to ask for with which bank he can do the bank wire verifications coz his bank was not allowing the transac due to RBI rules..

That friend of mine was placed on hold for more then 16 minutes and then no sign of the support guy picking up back, he has to disconnect as it was an ISD call for him from INDIA to CANADA.

Their support staff is a joke.

Local banks dont support bank wire.

You need to submit some forex form with national/international bank to get your payments.

ISD Call :| be smart and next time ask him to use google voice on usa vpn
----------------------------------------------------------
I never felt anything wrng with alertpay they are amazing and better than PP coz
1. They allow moneyexchange frm verified exchnger
2. No douchebag RBI can control them for now
3. Chargebacks are practically non existing if you verify your customer (some noobs accept cc payments w.o verification)
4. Pin verfied transactions so ur money is safe

Down side
1. Lack of support (But if you reply in their wj thread it gives you priority)
2. Widrawal system by CC :(
3. Payments by CC :(
4. Fees bit high but if u charge ur clients for it you dont even notice

have you not read that when people call, they are left on hold and people end up putting the phone down after being left on hold for so long. When they open up a support ticket, they are given an answer that is completely different to the problem reported. You also get your account blocked without reason when pointing out hidden fee's to potential customers :) Its ok, though. This isnt the first time AlertPay has been banned from all major credit card companies, it happened back in 2006 as well.

Last edited:
have you not read that when people call, they are left on hold and people end up putting the phone down after being left on hold for so long. When they open up a support ticket, they are given an answer that is completely different to the problem reported. You also get your account blocked without reason when pointing out hidden fee's to potential customers :) Its ok, though. This isnt the first time AlertPay has been banned from all major credit card companies, it happened back in 2006 as well.

Hi jayfella

There are no hidden fees.

Our fees can be found on this page, https://www.alertpay.com/en/fees.aspx.

In addition within your account, you will see the fee when you conduct a transaction.

As well, because we are an accredited company accounts must comply with the verification process. This is standard a standard form of compliance which we and our members must adhere to.

Cheers

Sean

I have experience with this also.
I ask one thing, and I get answer for something completely different and that just pisses me of. It's like they are just doing autoreply with copy-paste8-)
So, instead of answering my polite ticket, they deal with my pissed of ticket then:))

Hi infernohuman

Could I have the ticket ID you are referring to?

If a ticket was not answered properly, then I would like to bring that to the attention of the Customer Service Director.

Cheers

Sean

Thats why alertpay sucks :))

As a professional company, we do not discriminate against culture and we strongly condemn your comments.

The way AlertPay is run is not affected by where people are from, and rather works within the guidelines of Canadian compliance regulations.

The staff at AlertPay is very diverse, we are proud to have over 30 nationalities working in our offices.

-Luke

you are the only payment gateway that has charged me more than a dollar for a charge-back. You charged me £16. It must be some kind of record. You are the only payment gateway that charges me to withdraw my money. You are the only payment gateway that passes bank charges onto the customer.

Whether you have perfectly good reasons or not, those are the facts. You do, nobody else does.

Further more, regarding the random account suspension:
Code:
...Due to general security reasons, your AlertPay account has been flagged by an  automated security feature...

What security feature is that exactly? Withdrawing money? Money comes in, money goes out. Its about as adventurous as you can get with a payment gateway.

Last edited:
Charge-backs were discussed earlier, please refer back to post # 9 http://www.wjunction.com/104-e-commerce-payment-systems/110760-alertpay-warning-sellers-2.htm
Our fees can be seen on our website, https://www.alertpay.com/en/fees.aspx

AlertPay is a Canadian Registered Corporation that strictly complies with the Financial Transactions and Reports Analysis Center of Canada (FINTRAC) and other applicable regulatory authorities. As a result, we must apply limits to maintain the security of accounts, our network and our compliance with anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist funding legislation.

As I do not have your access to your account, I am unable to elaborate more on which security feature has restricted your account activity.
If you would like me to look further into the reason you received this message from our security department, please provide your AlertPay ID in a PM and I will follow it up.

Thanks
-Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back