AlertPay Warning To Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayfella

Veteran
Just to let you guys know, if somebody initiates a chargeback on a purchase, you will be charged over $25 as a result, no matter what the price of the item. Even if you sell something for $1.

This is most likely as a result of the hot water AlertPay have gotten themselves into regarding Credit Card transactions. As you may already know, alertpay have been banned from allowing All major credit cards, and it seems they are passing the blame on to their customers, along with the bill.

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/e/SNrZht.png[/slide]

Last edited:
38 comments
Just to let you guys know, if somebody initiates a chargeback on a purchase, you will be charged over $25 as a result, no matter what the price of the item. Even if you sell something for $1.

This is most likely as a result of the hot water AlertPay have gotten themselves into regarding Credit Card transactions. As you may already know, alertpay have been banned from allowing All major credit cards, and it seems they are passing the blame on to their customers, along with the bill.

[slide]http://screensnapr.com/e/SNrZht.png[/slide]

They send you an email to dispute it. You probably ignored it or couldn't provide proof. Try issuing refunds when you piss people off to avoid $25 fees.

alertpay going cash whore let me tell you one more thing if you have ever got scam i am sure you didnt get back your money even you created dispute with all evidences. thing is that alertpay block scammer account on the spot after dispute created and keep money in own pocket so no benifit for scammer and no return to original money holder. all drama they will play with you for whole month but you will not get a single penny back...

i tried alot via call and emails when i got scam 2-4 times. but their support sucks

you forgot to tell us you got scam or just created dispute against main AP email or any person/company/etc

by the way their is very simple way to do scam make a new AP id, grab money exchange or transfer into another currency so in this way i didnt get back my money..

seems a little retarded to get charged more than the original amount. ive never used alretpay. but was about to. gonna hold off until i get the full story on this.

$25 is the standard amount for most merchants who hold merchant accounts to process credit cards.

It's ridiculous to think that alertpay WOULDN'T pass that amount of money on to the seller because whether or not they pass it on, someone has to pay it.

The reason you don't see this with paypal is their volume. they do so much in transaction volumes they can go direct and negotiate deals for lower fees on many things. Its not a problem for a company to eat a 50 cent chargeback every now and then but it is a huge deal to eat a $25 chargeback.

But all in all alertpay is pretty screwed anyway. If you cant fund with a credit card most of its benefits are gone.

I imagine that visa/mc/discover blocked them from accepting cards back when you could withdraw money to a credit card.

The major networks only let you issue a refund (which is the only way to put money back on a card) when there is an associated sale. So technically you cant put $100 back on a credit card unless that person put $100 in.

I imagine thats why they are having these issues.

They send you an email to dispute it. You probably ignored it or couldn't provide proof. Try issuing refunds when you piss people off to avoid $25 fees.

That would usually be the case if a dispute was in order, however a credit card reversal cannot be disputed, it is carried out instantly, without warning, and with what I would consider quite a large fine.

All you alertpay users should switch to paypal it is much better and safer then alertpay when you get scammed or need support there support can actually help you. Also Paypal is 100000x easier to use and send money with.

Hi everyone

I would just like to clarify some of the things that have been discussed in here.

The chargeback fee is levied by our service provider, and something that is beyond our control. The charge back fee is $25 USD, and has remained the same for quite a while.

Please note that although we dispute chargebacks on your behalf with the card issuer, proof for non-tangible goods which do not have tracking numbers are less likely to be accepted by the card issuer. We notify you when we receive a response from the card issuer.

Anyone who initiates a chargeback is automatically suspended as it violates our user agreement.

If they would like to re-instate their account, they must pay the charge back fine of $25 USD. Once they do that, the merchant is automatically reimbursed the $25 USD fee they incurred.

There are steps you can take within your account to prevent your exposure to fraud/chargebacks. You can only accept payments from verified members. You can block certain countries. If you are seeing higher than average purchasing patterns, this may be an indication that something is quite right.

Cheers

Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back