Adult websites de-indexed by Google - Crackdown on Adult Affiliate Networks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakisoba

I have several adult sites which have been recently de-indexed by Google (ouch). Looking at my Search console under "Manual Actions", I found a message saying something about "cloaking or sneaky redirects". Doing further research I found that this was usually because of popup/popunder ads especially from Plugrush. I have been using Exoclick & Eroadvertisement on my sites for several years & didn't have any issues at all. Something tells me that Google's trying to crack down on adult affilliate networks, but I could be wrong. Anyone else had the same problem?

5 comments
It could be because of those scripts that I notice on many adult sites, the one that automatically redirects the current tab to an advert and re-opens the page you originally were in a new tab. Since google crawler bots now can index pages including the javascript actions to get the generated contents in it, they most likely have noticed these tricky adverts and penalized many sites using such.

I personally hated that trick.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with Propellerads. For popunder Admaven is the best from all the networks I tried.
It looks to me like Google seems to be targetting ad networks with pesky mobile popups. I've removed 2 other affiliate networks from my website before they removed my penalty.

I don't think they have an issue with affiliate Networks. My belief is that more and more ad lockers / tech support ads pass through these networks and obviously Google doesn't agree with them. Did you check your websites against VirusTotal ?

as long as i know, pop or pop under doesn't give you cloaking or sneaking redirects. mobile redirect does that.
did you activate the mobile redirect feature in your ads management? if yes, that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back