Status
Not open for further replies.

gmaister22

I was wondering what kind of ads i should add to my forum...Pay per Click or Pay per View.

I am kinda newbie into the ad network field so except Google AdSense i don't really know any other network.

Any help with that?

18 comments
Then leave it.
People don't like ads very much and so they won't be bothered to visit your site unless it is very active and good.

So start building up traffic and then consider using ads.

In my experience, all the sites need to be online and active for an approximate year, before they can be monetized successfully.

well since its new having CPM ads is not worth it at the moment or having any kinds of ads at all for now.

but if you insist try pay per click.

by the way ADSENSE is the best PPC network you will find

Adbrite is great. By having a banner you can have both PPC and CPM combined.
And they know how to treat their customers/affiliates, also pay really fast. I got checks from them 2-3 weeks after the payout, and i got them in Greece which is half around the globe - compared to Google which sometimes take 2 months!

adbrite is horrible I would go with google adsence but really there isn't no point since your site is new
adsense would be best, but they wont take you unless you already have a verified account. Too low of traffic.

Hmm...so what you saying is that there is no need to add ads yet?

Online now: 1 (this is me) (members: 0, guests: 1)
Forum Statistics
Discussions:46
Members:21

What's the point of ads? You wont even make a penny a day and it will look like crap. Back-off trying to make a few cents for the first 6 months or so.

Do what few forums here have done: get users interacting on your site

Run your forum ad-free until you reach 100 UV per day (organic) and then use google adsense. Nothing better than adsense when it comes to cpc. But I would recommend you going through their TOS so that you may not suffer later.

Avoid CPM because normally it wont get you more than 2 or 3$/1000 views and will irritate users.

Once you have regular viewers and quality content, adverts wont bother them as they get what they want.

hehe adsense are fun to play with, i use them... they blocked my site... but i now read TOS and find ways to bypass it all and still get paid <3

Avoid CPM because normally it wont get you more than 2 or 3$/1000 views and will irritate users.

Hmmm do you have any idea how much 2-3$ per 1000 impressions is? thats considered very high. More than the avg CPM market today. Even 1 user can get you 3-4 impressions depending on how many pages he views

CPM should be used on high traffic sites and trust me a CPM of 2-3$ IS VERY VERY VERY GOOD!

if you have a site with 5k unique visitors a day and a CPM of 2-3$ you can easily make A LOT of money, so please dont say avoid CPM if you dont know how it exactly works as CPM most of the time is better than CPC.

If you can't use adsense then CPM should be your alternative because all other CPC networks suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back