ZStream.To - Video Hosting | Earn up to 40$/10k | Double Rate Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting a LOT of complaints from users regarding zstream's ads.....

I know you have to have ads to sustain the site, BUT, there seems to be a big problem.

This comes from one of the many users complaining about it:

hit play and a popup asking me to register

everytime i hit play i get a new tab open asking me to regisster
for a free trial of cinematrix

i click cancel, go back to the tab again and try again and it just opens
opens the same pop up again..
i actually cant get the video t play
with google chrome and adblock, the video works fine. without an adblocker it's not possible.

the ad is in the video host itself. can't use it like this.

Please do something about this. Change the type of ad or something, because like this, users will just flee from zstream.

I know you have to have ads to sustain the site, BUT, there seems to be a big problem.

with google chrome and adblock, the video works fine. without an adblocker it's not possible.

Please do something about this. Change the type of ad or something, because like this, users will just flee from zstream.

I couldn't agree more with this. There is no point in any webmaster using zstream if users are going to be instantly turned off their content by advertisements that render the site useless.

Adverts can be annoyingly intrusive. But when they fool the user to click fake play buttons, directing them off elsewhere to sign up for stuff. That just leaves a bad taste, and users don't come back to websites that webmasters spend hours and hours of work putting togethers.

No one is pissed off with youtube who play a short advert before the main video starts. People are used to that with TV. You know the video is coming by a countdown and a text that says "advertisement" and most users are cool with this. They know that sites cost money to run and peopel want to make money. People arent cool with sites that are broken by fake play buttons and over the top popup advertising.

Get your sh*t together zstream because right now your video service is useless to anyone without an adblocker.

As of right now, we have the exact same type of ads as other popular video hosting sites.

We are currently implementing an account option to reduce ads, which will reduce rates as well.

I couldn't agree more with this. There is no point in any webmaster using zstream if users are going to be instantly turned off their content by advertisements that render the site useless.

Adverts can be annoyingly intrusive. But when they fool the user to click fake play buttons, directing them off elsewhere to sign up for stuff. That just leaves a bad taste, and users don't come back to websites that webmasters spend hours and hours of work putting togethers.

No one is pissed off with youtube who play a short advert before the main video starts. People are used to that with TV. You know the video is coming by a countdown and a text that says "advertisement" and most users are cool with this. They know that sites cost money to run and peopel want to make money. People arent cool with sites that are broken by fake play buttons and over the top popup advertising.

Get your sh*t together zstream because right now your video service is useless to anyone without an adblocker.

Not sure why you created a duplicate account to complain again (2 posts, 1 complimenting your video service? http://www.wjunction.com/88-site-re...tic-vids-com-its-sub-site-tv.html#post2113034).

Last edited:
I didn't create another account. One is more than enough on wjunction. Plus, duplicate accounts get auto-banned.

My users are complaining so much, as well as other webmasters; I told them I cant control the in-video ads, so I told them where they should write their complaints to. Here on wjunction.

But they are right: that fake play button ad is A PROBLEM. People are moving away from my site because of it.

Change the type of ad. Don't remove the ads, but change the type of ad you're using. This one is absurd and it's driving people to leave bad reviews about my website and to complain about "fake videos" because of that stupid ad.

You say you "are using the same ads as other video hosts".... Do you want to be like other video hosts, just another one in the bunch, or do you want to be better?

If you don't change that ad type, I'll have no choice but to start removing zstream links/videos from my sites. :(

I need the users and the views, I don't need people to leave bad reviews and walk away from my site.

Hi, I can assure you I am not BloodSucker creating duplicate accounts. But I have used funtastic-vids myself as well as hosted my own video sites. I have exactly the same problems with zstream that Bloodsucker is having which is leading to a massively reduced amount of traffic to my sites and endless complaints from end users who think they have to register to watch my content.

I will find a video host that doesnt use trick buttons in order to target ads at my users unless this is sorted. I dont care about reduced adverts. I care about how advertisement is presented to end users. They should just be streamed inline with the video and not break the functionality of the website, which is the "solution" you are providing now. Your advertisements create a fake overlayed play button with a tiny X to get rid of it. Users don't see that X and are being redirected elsewhere when trying to play a video. They go back and try again and simply can't get the video to play because of the overlay. This leaves users disgruntled, and the last thing they are doing is taking any notice of the advertisement in question. Infact its just an annoyance, and they soon move elsewhere.

Why don't you take a look at what the professionals are doing. Do you go to youtube and get pushed off to crappy third party sites just for trying to watch a video? No, you dont! You get inline advertisement that gives a user an informed choice on whether they wish to go to an advertiser and take advantage of their offer. They are also informed that its an ad and their video will start momentarily, so they don't have to take any further action to get what they came for. All users do with pop ups, is think "Urgh how do i close this?" They don't even look at it. What do users do with an in-line ad which will last 10 seconds before their video will resume? They look at it!!! And don't tell me this doesn't work. Youtube pays millions of dollars a year of advertisement revenue to its content provider, so advertisers are happy with this method.

Also the excuse of "everyone else does it" is poor. Why not rise above the rest and become the most user friendly ad supported video streaming service out there before someone else beats you to it? And when they do (and they will!) , I will find them and move all my content to them. Because right now, your policies of forcing adverts down my users necks is nothing short of an intrusive, negative experience that drives them elsewhere.

Hi, I can assure you I am not BloodSucker creating duplicate accounts. But I have used funtastic-vids myself as well as hosted my own video sites. I have exactly the same problems with zstream that Bloodsucker is having which is leading to a massively reduced amount of traffic to my sites and endless complaints from end users who think they have to register to watch my content.

I will find a video host that doesnt use trick buttons in order to target ads at my users unless this is sorted. I dont care about reduced adverts. I care about how advertisement is presented to end users. They should just be streamed inline with the video and not break the functionality of the website, which is the "solution" you are providing now. Your advertisements create a fake overlayed play button with a tiny X to get rid of it. Users don't see that X and are being redirected elsewhere when trying to play a video. They go back and try again and simply can't get the video to play because of the overlay. This leaves users disgruntled, and the last thing they are doing is taking any notice of the advertisement in question. Infact its just an annoyance, and they soon move elsewhere.

Why don't you take a look at what the professionals are doing. Do you go to youtube and get pushed off to crappy third party sites just for trying to watch a video? No, you dont! You get inline advertisement that gives a user an informed choice on whether they wish to go to an advertiser and take advantage of their offer. They are also informed that its an ad and their video will start momentarily, so they don't have to take any further action to get what they came for. All users do with pop ups, is think "Urgh how do i close this?" They don't even look at it. What do users do with an in-line ad which will last 10 seconds before their video will resume? They look at it!!! And don't tell me this doesn't work. Youtube pays millions of dollars a year of advertisement revenue to its content provider, so advertisers are happy with this method.

Also the excuse of "everyone else does it" is poor. Why not rise above the rest and become the most user friendly ad supported video streaming service out there before someone else beats you to it? And when they do (and they will!) , I will find them and move all my content to them. Because right now, your policies of forcing adverts down my users necks is nothing short of an intrusive, negative experience that drives them elsewhere.

What is your zstream username?

Very professional!!

Gave you an option to reduce ads which would also reduce rates, and apparently you don't want that. So at this point I would suggest you find another host willing to deal with your complaints.

Will give you 30 days to move your content. Have a nice day.

Why would I want to reduce rates even more.....? LOL

Too bad you are not 'willing to deal with complaints' and fix the issues......

Very professional!!

Gave you an option to reduce ads which would also reduce rates, and apparently you don't want that. So at this point I would suggest you find another host willing to deal with your complaints.

Will give you 30 days to move your content. Have a nice day.

Why would I want to reduce rates even more.....? LOL

Too bad you are not 'willing to deal with complaints' and fix the issues......

Gave you an option to reduce ads (what you kept complaining about), and you don't want that.

Ads are exactly the same as Streamin, and other major video hosts.

We are willing to deal with complaints, just not when you spam us with private messages & support thread posts.

Gave you an option to reduce ads (what you kept complaining about), and you don't want that.

Oh, I would LOVE that, but not at the cost you're forcing it to have.... even lower rates.

hence the better solution - changing the ad types

More displays of unprofessional behavior:

Your account was banned by administrator

Thanks for wasting my time.

I moved to zstream at YOUR SUGGESTION. And you behave like this.....

no, no, no...... believe me when I say that this act will not be left forgotten in the void. I'll make sure everyone knows how unprofessional and childish you are.

Word of advice: start listening to your users....... instead of pretending to always know best.

Last edited:
We're friends August 1 and even I do not get my payment ...
you said you paid 15 to 30 but is not it true? ... that pay day ???? because they are not specific ... ????
I'm putting much effort to zStream ... and I like their web ......

We're friends August 1 and even I do not get my payment ...
you said you paid 15 to 30 but is not it true? ... that pay day ???? because they are not specific ... ????
I'm putting much effort to zStream ... and I like their web ......

Will be sent shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back