Status
Not open for further replies.

Santa

Father Christmas
Greetings fellow members,

We'd like to inform you that [strike]v4[/strike] v3.1 of WJunction will be amendments of the current skin, we thought it would be best instead of introducing a new skin. We'd like to know if you have any suggestions for the current skin - small or big - suggest them all. It doesn't have to be skin suggestions, it can be introduction of further modifications or modification edits etc.

Currently, these are the suggestions;

1. Portal
  2. Full-width
  3. Shrink tabs
  4. Modernizing bits and pieces
  5. New bb code for hosting companies (such as hover over image)
  6. Responsive skin (to suit all screen sizes)
  7. Marketplace modification
  8. Changes in star system
  9. Chatbox popup option (similar to FB)
  10. Add social networking - like/tweet/pinterest to threads/posts
  11. Reputation points spending system (spend points on increasing PM storage, more bbcode for signature, bigger avatar etc for X amount of time)
  12. Your suggestion?

A major addition to WJunction is vBCMS, as we'll be introducing articles.

If you like someone's suggestion, simply like their suggestion so we know how much of a demand there is.

Thank you,
Santa Claus

27 comments
I want WJ to have a better server. :fly:

& Introduction of some new ranks/ titles [Like Respected Dev, Moderator] if possible -

Examples -

Site Friend :)

WJ Lover
wjlove.gif

True Webmaster
fear.gif

Long Term Member
smokin.gif

Trusted Hosting Provider
thunder.png

WJ Philosopher
[hmmm]

Baby Member
sun.gif

Etc. Etc. Etc.

I want WJ to remove the limitation from editing threads, because I like to change my thread designs & stats often ... :P

Last edited:
Make it so you need to have 100 to 250 post to post in the file host and web hosting sections

To advertise your web hosting your host has to be open a min of 6 month and no hosting that uses OVH for there data center and no overselling shared host like where you see a host offer 100gb space and unlimited bandwidth for $5

Make it so you need to have 100 to 250 post to post in the file host and web hosting sections

Don't quite agree with this, 10 posts & out of probation will be fine enough. If you start a hosting solution you wont have time to make 250 posts in one forum while providing good support to your actual clients.

I want WJ to have a better server.
:)

Aren't the speeds good?

Not the best in my opinion. Moreover sometimes after refreshing a page the alignment n all gets screwed up wholly & make strange designs. This is an example I got a few minutes ago -

[SLIDE]http://s19.postimg.org/45os34jmb/image.png[/SLIDE]

Here's another that I got too -

[SLIDE]http://s19.postimg.org/deqyd8sib/image.png[/SLIDE]

Last edited:
It looks like you are using an obsolete browser huggybear. Update your browser buddy.
2p.gif

and about the speed, i checked wj on 256kbps connection and it loads pretty fast without any problem.

It looks like you are using an obsolete browser huggybear. Update your browser buddy.
2p.gif

and about the speed, i checked wj on 256kbps connection and it loads pretty fast without any problem.

[SLIDE]http://s19.postimg.org/rh00pqrmb/DGD.jpg[/SLIDE]

Firefox 26.0 is the latest Mozilla has provided me with. :ff:

I'm on a 1Mbps broadband =]

Last edited:
- What about a Downloads system like I once suggested?

- a Facebook Status update like system seen in Xenforo & IPB? [Yeah, it's available for vb too]?

- Perhaps changing the entire layout of the way the forums are displayed?

- Using a new main font for the entire forum? [Google fonts can be used]

- What about introducing a mobile app?

Cheers!

dislike button ? ^ [hmmm]

But seriously, I think you should build a team and create some useful applications for webmasters, maybe a little bit reflected from the subject, but I think it would be more useful then new banner or other graphic miracles ...

Last edited:
dislike button ? ^ [hmmm]

But seriously, I think you should build a team and create some useful applications for webmasters, maybe a little bit reflected from the subject, but I think it would be more useful then new banner or other graphic miracles ...

took the words out of me, can you suggest which applications?

took the words out of me, can you suggest which applications?

Something like guys from AS done - backlink Booster etc., some usefull aps, promoted by WJ name ;-)

There's a lot of so called Uploaders here, many topics about file sharing industry, frankly speaking whole popularity of the portal was built on ddl discussion, maybe you should focus more on this...

Don't quite agree with this, 10 posts & out of probation will be fine enough. If you start a hosting solution you wont have time to make 250 posts in one forum while providing good support to your actual clients.

Yes and it will increase Spam In Wjunction :(

For Hosting Provider there can be a verified Group.
maybe wj should ask for id proof etc. or company should be registered to be in verified group.
wj must ask for proof that company is registered with identity proof of same user.

Last edited:
256kbps
firefox 27.0

The site speed is fine but sadly you seem to be on a connection that is not that far from dial up. Can't see a site upgrading servers because someone is stuck on a slow connection.

Moreover, my original post about WJ having "better servers" was not to be read as faster servers. I hope not everyone has forgotten about the repeated DDOS WJ faced some time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back