• YES! Use www.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • NO!. Don't use www.

Votes: 25 56.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
36 comments
Yeah i thought so, i only just realised i been running evilddl without it for a month an a half and the indexed pages seemed to stop at around 1500, i have now changed it so www. is forced on most parts.

Right now my PR = 0 so no matter there really, though i have about 1500 pages indexed on mysite.com but only three on the www. but im sure that will fix itsewlf over the next month?

Also i have 900+ inbound links to mysite.com and only about 40 to the www. but i guess it will be better in the long run to force www. ???

I picked non-www. and I got PR4 for both warezraid and raidpic.
I just make sure everyone links without www. so it counts as a linkback.

Yeah i seen that already but im not sure about it, right now i have just set it so all the urls lead to the www. but the index can still be accessed from both... is this a bad idea?

I just make sure everyone links without www. so it counts as a linkback.
Why would it not count as a backilink if linked with www. ??? But yeah m,ost people are linking to me without simplay as thats how i had the url set before today.

Yeah i seen that already but im not sure about it, right now i have just set it so all the urls lead to the www. but the index can still be accessed from both... is this a bad idea?
How many linkbacks do you have? if you only have a few it wont impact that much.

Ok so your saying i should totally force the www. ?? But then you say that you don't...? If i did how will this affect my alre3ady indexed pages and inbound links without www. ??

If it does make a difference SEO-wise I think the impact is so small that it can be ignored. I do think it is a good idea to force your traffic on 1 of the 2. In my case it works both with and without www, but all incoming traffic is forced to the non-www URL to prevent search engines from seeing it as 2 sites instead of 1. The reason I went without www is because it is, well, shorter :p. People are lazy, the closer at hand something is the better.

Edit: wtf, apparently my www. url went on a vacation >_>

Edit 2: ignore people who say use www. without providing valid arguments why, either 1 of the 2 is good, 2 at the same time is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back