Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanbi

Hi guys,

i want to launch a streaming project so i need a good dedicated server with much bandwidth.

Option 1:

100TB server from leaseweb:
http://www.leaseweb.com/en/dedicated-servers/100-tb-traffic-servers
It's the first one without any upgrades.

Option 2:
Worldstream Internet Services
+ 1gbps upgrade

now i really don't know which of these two are the better choice^^
but one thing that is not so good at leaseweb is:
Customer shall not be entitled to use the Service for the purpose of (i) operating ‘Content Delivery Network’; and/or (ii) ‘Streaming Media Services’; except with LeaseWeb’s prior written consent, which consent may be granted or withheld at LeaseWeb’s sole discretion.

so i think leaseweb will not tolerate a streaming project?

i don't have any experience with both of them and on the web there are many good reviews about both of them but also some bad reviews but that's ok.

so can someone tell me what would be the ebst choice?^^

btw if you know better hosting providers i would love to hear them :)

kind regards

10 comments
Both has good network. Leaseweb will ask u to verify account by means of phone which is not with ws. Also support i felt with WS is comparatively quicker since its a small dc in reverse to leaseweb which is pretty large.

For streaming projects you should talk to the DC before you proceed with order. Main issue with streaming projects are they use the lines throughout the day in same ratio. This increases the cost of DC towards network as their commitment is based on 95% Mbs/Tbs billing.
Also, don't forget that bandwidth overage fees on those 100TB/50TB servers are 10x higher compared to normal bandwidth overage costs.

@JoomlaZ
thanks for the info with the phone verification!

@smartboy
thanks for the advice with softlayer i will take a closer look :)

@Cheetah
yeah i will definitelytalk to the DC before i make any order. hmm the bandwidth overage costs is a tricky point....but i think i will not reach 50TB at the start. but i have planned to stream in 720p.....but at the start it will be 5 tv channels 24/7 and at the weekend i will test how much traffic it will need for 2 days and calculate this through.
do you have any better options/suggestions for my project? i mean worldstream and leaseweb were the first DCs that came through my mind....maybe there is a better solution? :)

If you are 100% sure that you won't use more than 200mbps 24x7 u can give a test on one of those 100TB/50TB dedi. else talk to DC and buy a dedicated server with B/W commitment in Mbs (95% mode). Not going to be cheap though.

@Op

Have you make your Choice now?!

I iam looking for the same and dont know which i should order...........

But i dont want to stream.

Regards

Yes i moved to worldstream and i am very happy for now :)

the breaking point was that worldstream accepts bitcoins now.

Thank you very much could you send via Pm or here a Screenshot of the Down/Upload Speed i think i will make then my Choice.

Best Greetz & Thanks for your Reply

Got my worldstream server 2 days ago, i'm very satisfied with them :dj::
- Cheap: E3-1230v2, 16 GB DDR3 ECC RAM, 2x500GB S-ATA3 7200RPM, 50TB Traffic, 1Gbps port for 73 euro.
- Delivered my server after 2 hours, answered my support tickets after 10mins-1hour.
Speed: nothing to complain
HEMFcB3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back