World Cheapest Tablet Launched in India $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
32gb hdd... is that hdd or ssd ? pretty sure with that price it would be a hdd.. thats a horrible idea.
How can you have a HDD for a portable device :/ Its SSD for sure.
=====

Its not china made and the quality/specifications are fit and appropriate for educational purpose.

The retail price is Rs. 2,999 and for students it is Rs. 1,499.

The students must contact their institution for getting this tablet PC. Also, don't bother getting it if you already own a laptop, desktop computer, smartphone & tablet PC. Its for poor & needy students and not some rich bastards who just want to "try it out".

Comparing this thing with iPad2 or Samsung GT is stupid.
This has been made solely for educational purposes, not for playing games.
And I think it will solve the purpose well.
And if it turns out to be successful, it can be revolutionary, because its just too cheap!

For those who say its China made, that's wrong.
It has been developed by Indian researchers and then mass manufacturing has been done by a UK based firm.

And by the way, its name has been changed from Sakshat to Akash :P

Well said mate :)

Ipad is best but u've to pay 30000 or something like that.
but it is in only 3000
seems u don't know the value of Zero.

You are the failer one. Noob.

You people [noob] go behind price. You don't know what is quality product.

Also this shitty tablet has HDD drive not SSD!

SSD 32gb itself costs around $50

BattleDuty, my Lord! We all know you are too damn smart, but please try to understand that this tablet is just for educational purposes, and it has got all that is needed for that. Its not at all supposed to be an iPad competitor.
I don't know whether I'm going to buy it or not, but I'm glad that some people have come up with this cheap tiny gadget which will help students a lot, because quiet obviously most students can't afford an iPad or Galaxy Tab.

Also, this thread is not meant to be a thread like "Akash Tablet vs. iPad. Which one is better?". Because even a 3 year old can say iPad is better. It doesn't need someone on "battle duty" to leave the war front and come to WJ to answer it :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back