World Cheapest Tablet Launched in India $50

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was actually planned to be launched in end of 2010 which was delayed 1yr :facepalm: i say its more worth than 50$ thought it is china made. They got some required features on it . OS is good =)

It is not Chinese or made in China.
http://navbharattimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/10247241.cms

Its not for sale, i thought to order but it was subsidized b government .
Secret behind subsidy: Out of 10,000 they distrubute 10 or 100 and export them back to china and sell them there :facepalm: its know issue to every indian

It'll be for sale.
For student only in 1500rs. But for other people 3000 rs.

I always remember: "You get what you pay for" and since you aren't paying much, don't expect too much from this tablet either ;)

it costs 3K because yet the mass production has not yet started.

After mass production will start, price will go cheaper.

Students will get it at the rate of Rs 1500/-

Comparing this thing with iPad2 or Samsung GT is stupid.
This has been made solely for educational purposes, not for playing games.
And I think it will solve the purpose well.
And if it turns out to be successful, it can be revolutionary, because its just too cheap!

For those who say its China made, that's wrong.
It has been developed by Indian researchers and then mass manufacturing has been done by a UK based firm.

And by the way, its name has been changed from Sakshat to Akash :P

Trolls -_- Quite a lot people said, 'its not fuckin made in China'. Why bother asking again? hulkman's prediction of 'exporting back to China' is a FAIL! Enjoy the tablet PC if you can and there is no point in comparing the device with big ass commercial tablets. This is for educational purpose and poor students. Fucking read the news -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back