Status
Not open for further replies.

Togama

Hello,

I would like to ask you for little help, here is my problem. I installed wordpress on sharedhosting via cpanel softaculous, then plugin better security and some other I changed permisson on wp-config something like 644 or 640 htaccess too when I refreshed site everithing was working, when after a while I wanted to access to wp-admin I couldn´t - address/not_found. I deleted all content because I couldn´t move I installed new wordpress then only better security plugin changed permisson, when I came now home from work it is the same address/not_found and perms of wp-config and htaccess are 444 (I didn´t change it wtf...) and can´t login to wordpress again. Please tell me what I´m doing wrong :/. Thanks

6 comments
Thx for answer I found answer already I had to use login, because I hide wp-admin with better secirity plugin but I deleted it again because I got warning from better secirity that a lot of files were modified and now I don´t know if all by me or not, because perms of .htaccess and wp-config were chagend to 444 and now I´m trying to find out how to prevent to this. I didn´t change it. When there was 444 I read that everybody on server could access to wp-config so my passwords to database... :/ . I´m on shared hosting. Can someone tell me what perms should I get to files on shared hosting to be secured? Sry for my english...

nothing.
if your shared hosting is a good shared-hosting your .htaccess will be protected by an apache-directive.
so nothing to change there.

your databse-password isn't stored within wp-content.
it's located in wp-config.php

standard wordpress-config prevents access to this php-site.

I found out that perms were changed to 444 because I let that plugin write to .htaccess, I did it manually now so it is ok now.

Edit: I would like to ask one more thing, I don´t want to make new topic so I´m asking here. I registered domain with anonymous registrar, now I have only account number, login and password, registrar has not client area or something like that, when I want to change something like dns I have to write email with login and password. I want to ask what is my proof that I am owner of that domain, I haven´t any paper that I am owner because it is anonymous. If I want to say "this is my domain" how can I prove it? Sorry for my noob questions I just started learning...

Last edited:
perhabs only the bill.
nothing else.

but it's very strange - i never heard of a reseller, not having a decent control-panel for managing your domain o.o

you could sing up to openDNS or cloudflare and let them handel your Settings. You just have to change the DNS-Servers one time on your account.

They have some client area but not public accessable, I have to send them my details and they will make changes (for example dns...). I have only bill so I have to keep it safe. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back