Status
Not open for further replies.

cyber-cliff

Banned
Banned
guys can you help me with my problem on my warez blog? when i try to click a link or post on my site i got this...
[slide]http://i.imgur.com/hoZVw.jpg[/slide]

instead of showing proper title of the content on the title bar.. im using wordpress by the way..

17 comments
Im guessing there's something wrong with your header, try reinstalling the theme.
Also trying using a different theme to check if the problem is only with the current theme your using.

You're using Wordpress? Most of WP theme got a theme function at allow you to disabled that icon, or you can manually delete the code in your header.

In your theme header editor see if there is any code for "<title> code </code>" tag. If not put the code

<title><?php wp_title(''); ?><?php if(wp_title('', false)) { echo ' :'; } ?> </title>

under or around <meta> tags.

If you already have "<title> code </title>" code, edit it to the above code.

Take a backup of whole header code, in case if u do anything wrong during the process.

I can see no code between ur <title> </title> tags. I think above code will work for u, if not let me know :)

Last edited:
because is my own work:

Code:
//Add Title Tag To Head
function customTitles() {
 if (is_single() || is_page())
    $metaTitle = get_the_title();
    if (isset($metaTitle)) {
    echo '<title>Download ' . $metaTitle . ' 1080p 720p HD Music Video MP4</title>'."\n";
    }
 else if (is_home() || is_category () || is_archive() || is_search())
    echo '<title>VEVO HD - Download HD 1080p 720p MP4 Music Videos For Free</title>'."\n";
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customTitles');

//Add Description Tag To Head
function customDescription() {
    $metaDesc = get_the_excerpt();
    if (isset($metaDesc)) {
    echo '<meta name="description" content="' . $metaDesc . ' Or Download the Latest High Definition 1080p And 720p Music Videos From VEVO HD For FREE And Watch Them Any Time You Want" />'."\n";
    }
    echo '<meta name="description" content="Do You Like Music Videos? Download the Latest High Definition 1080p And 720p Music Videos From VEVO HD For FREE And Watch Them Any Time You Want" />'."\n";
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customDescription');

//Add Keywords Tag To Head
function customKeywords() {
$posttags = get_the_tags();
foreach((array)$posttags as $tag) {
$tags4meta .= $tag->name . ', ';
}
if (is_home() || is_category () || is_archive() || is_search()) {
echo '<meta name="keywords" content=" VEVO HD, Download, Latest, High Definition, 1080p, 720p, Music Videos, FREE" />'."\n";
}
else if (is_single() || is_page()) { 
echo '<meta name="keywords" content="' . $tags4meta . '" />'."\n";
}
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customKeywords');
Add the code above into your functions.php

Edit "echo" lines as per your requrements.

Last edited by a moderator:
still the same... nothing happens.. look my functions.php
<?php //Insert your custom functions here
//Add Title Tag To Head
function customTitles() {
$metaTitle = get_the_title();
if (isset($metaTitle)) {
echo '<title>Download ' . $metaTitle . ' 1080p 720p HD Music Video MP4</title>'."\n";
}
echo '<title>VEVO HD - Download HD 1080p 720p MP4 Music Videos For Free</title>'."\n";
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customTitles');

//Add Description Tag To Head
function customDescription() {
$metaDesc = get_the_excerpt();
if (isset($metaDesc)) {
echo '<meta name="description" content="' . $metaDesc . ' Or Download the Latest High Definition 1080p And 720p Music Videos From VEVO HD For FREE And Watch Them Any Time You Want" />'."\n";
}
echo '<meta name="description" content="Do You Like Music Videos? Download the Latest High Definition 1080p And 720p Music Videos From VEVO HD For FREE And Watch Them Any Time You Want" />'."\n";
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customDescription');

//Add Keywords Tag To Head
function customKeywords() {
$posttags = get_the_tags();
foreach((array)$posttags as $tag) {
$tags4meta .= $tag->name . ', ';
}
if (is_home() || is_category () || is_archive() || is_search()) {
echo '<meta name="keywords" content=" VEVO HD, Download, Latest, High Definition, 1080p, 720p, Music Videos, FREE" />'."\n";
}
else if (is_single() || is_page()) {
echo '<meta name="keywords" content="' . $tags4meta . '" />'."\n";
}
}
add_action('wp_head', 'customKeywords');
?>

ya, such things sucks, don't go with editing php code, if you dont know what you're doing, my suggestion is: replace 'outside' files in your wordpress directory with fresh ones (just from wordpress backup if you have or downloaded one), it helped me, i had problem with tweeter plugin, i tried with functions.php header, pages, single everywhere, but the fact is that if youre changing theme and it doesnt help, problem is 'outside' (i have no idea how it happens but it is so). Try carefuly do what i said, it may help you,
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back