Wjunction traffic decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wj has less traffic bcoz of there strictness and banning people for there simple and small mistakes
All the biggest uploader of wbb are banned here.
Lot of very important people who have knowlegde about uploading , filehosts & webmaster toolz are banned due to small reasons.
Mods are trying to ban maximum people.(sometimes this is good but not always).
I see many times users create thread but delete after few mins . i think this is not fair with user. The person who know about the problem, he also know how to solve this.
Talking about uploading toolz is banned e.g scene uploading toolz
he is also right many uploader who can give us lots of knowledge were banned here simply in few months traffic will low more ;)

The amount of infractions given on WJ is just insane, i received an infractions because "DONT ARGUE WITH STAFF JUST LISTEN" wtf? And bam! banned.

a003eb6c8bf8681f0eeaa890d2f35fd7.png

Why alot of the staff members keep banning a shitload of members for shitty reasons?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

Some moderators can be harsh at times, others are more relaxed. Depending on the moderator, you might get another infraction, or you might instead get banned for a week. I'll see to it that the overall moderation is more relaxed. Some ban reasons are awfully unprofessional too (e.g one account is banned with the reason: "Suck my cock you stupid whore").

Moderators aside, I do agree that the rules are quite complicated and some can provoke a "LOL WTF" type response. Keep in mind however that every rule was created for a legitimate reason. We're a large forum so it's either no-rules (moderators can make them up on the spot using common sense) or a lot of rules to at least keep moderators kept to some sort of guideline.

The loss of traffic is mainly in the filehost section. The uploaders keep to themselves and don't really venture out of that section (except maybe to PM a moderator about a scam host). Their fading out doesn't have much of an impact on the community directly. They'll no doubt slowly die out until WJ is back to how it was before.

For now I'd prefer that you guys didn't complain as much about the filehost section. We've made it very easy to "hide" the section as Lifetalk has shown in this thread. There are many more webmasters, designers, programmers, etc on the internet then there are uploaders. Why not invite some of them over? Let's start out-numbering these pesky uploaders! :P

All the biggest uploader of wbb are banned here.
Lot of very important people who have knowlegde about uploading , filehosts & webmaster toolz are banned due to small reasons.
Mods are trying to ban maximum people.(sometimes this is good but not always).
I see many times users create thread but delete after few mins . i think this is not fair with user. The person who know about the problem, he also know how to solve this.
Talking about uploading toolz is banned e.g scene uploading toolz

I know this thread will be closed in few mins

he's onto us...ban time

The rules and also the time of year, but mainly the time of year. i have been on some pretty big warez forums tht went dead at this time of year every year.

Some moderators can be harsh at times, others are more relaxed. Depending on the moderator, you might get another infraction, or you might instead get banned for a week. I'll see to it that the overall moderation is more relaxed. Some ban reasons are awfully unprofessional too (e.g one account is banned with the reason: "Suck my cock you stupid whore").

Said, and demoted Mr Happy over suggestions...

Last edited:
13406decb76c74efc9e7b023887066a4.png

This is a great example of a power hungry moderator. He banned a shitload of people on WP for shitty reasons and now he is doing the same at WJ. It's just idiotic to see people like wdf with obvious npd signals to be in the staff. He must show off his little sectional moderating powers so he looks cool, as in real life he is a nobody probably. It's just sad to see WJ going down the drain even more. Back in 2008 this website was great and with alot of potential, look what it has become...!

Why would you ban somebody for "non english shout", because it's 1 of the rules? sure, it's 1 of the rules, but that rules has been placed their for peepz like me who type whole convos in their own language! - remember, shoutbox WarezScene -

Next, "Member disrespect", sure we sometimes go to far with our provoking behavior etc, but "member disrespect" isnt the correct term here i asume, it must be "showing off my powers so he will listen to me next time".

Again, NEXT! "Requesting warez in the shoutbox" c'mon must that be a reason to ban? or was his mommy bitching at him again, so he had to bitch somebody at wj and found his victim?

Zdorian "disrespected the WJ STAFF" Yeah sure, because flaming the staff must be a reason to ban somebody instantly right? That's what a kid with the age of 17 would do, to show his little powers.

I am outrages of what this mod is doing! It's a great example of POWER HUNGRYNESS.

ON A SIDE NOTE: PM.

920edd75e1fa949acccbc8b7a797ae40.png

Boss bitched at a mod that i was obviously trashing his thread with proof how he just didnt wanted to work for my gfx project, fine but don't freaking lie to me. So the little moddy went bitchy at fano and ordered me "NOT TO TALK ANYMORE". Fine, obviously a new Hitler rised. WDF saw me replying for a second time in that thread and his little power hungry heart became active, he saw the right time to give fanobliv an infraction, as he loves to do.

And what the fuck about the "push to much buttons and you will be gone for a long term"

Whats the reason of writing that shit down? Do you want -again- to show of your powers? As a sort of power hungry staff troll, you probably like this post. I just hope a smart admin reads this and will take the right actions, people like WDF take WJ down. I don't know how popular WDF is, but this is what i have seen the couple of months i am active on wj again.

Edit -

He probably finds a reason or 2 to ban me for this post, if he does, ... well.. proof enough i assume?

Last edited:
Languages other than English are not allowed here. A shoutbox ban for that reason is legitimate.

Spamming the shoutbox is an obvious reason to ban.

Consistent disrespect of members on the CB is an instant ban. Cyberprince was banned for this reason. He is a known troll and is always throwing insults at members in the CB. If you were present in the CB frequent enough, you would know that.

Time and time again we've forbidden requesting/posting warez in the CB. That and NSFW images without prior warning. Getting banned for doing either of those two is perfectly legitimate.

I understand where you're coming from fanobliv, and I would hate it too if said mod infracted me for something I felt was unfair. I would do what you did - find every reason, valid or otherwise, to bash the staff member in question at every moment of opportunity.

The only problem here is - I've just negated every reason you put forward. You knocked off those reasons as if they mean nothing. But in a community as diverse and large as WJ, they mean a lot. They are rules. They were made to be followed, and breaking them will have consequences. What you did on an entirely different forum dedicated to warez is irrelevant. Go back there if you feel the rules here are not in sync with 10,000 other forums on the Internet. WDF won't ban you for bashing him, because unlike you, he's not an angry teenager. He's about as old as or older than your father, and that is a fact, not my assumption.

Try and be a little more respectful towards the members of staff on this community who actually police this place and keep it civil enough for you to enjoy what little you do. Because if they did not, you probably would never want to visit WJ again given the potential spam here. You don't know what goes on in the backend, so if you're going to judge staff, give them the benefit of doubt. We do a lot of work to keep this community clean, so you'll understand if I say that we do not appreciate someone randomly bashing us for reasons X, Y, and Z just because they do not agree with some rules of this community.

You'd have a forum full of spam, scammers and trolls if the mods didn't exist so quit complaining, be happy you have what you have.

Because this is not WJunction anymore! When I joined here 3 years ago to learn basic stuff about webmastering, designing and such, filehost threads and 10K uploaders begging for money were not here.

Now, it has became a boring, filehost/uploader focused forum. I don't upload nor do I own a filehost so I don't even feel like joining the discussions here and most good and respected members, real webmasters, have left the WJ.

I'd just rename it to UJunction (Uploader Junction) because WJ is not what it used to when Cobra, Stone and the rest were around.

This says it all. This forum is not what it used to be and it won't go back due to who is now staff here and who owns the forum.

The old WJ was amazing and I hardly ever post anymore because I don't upload.

so basically people have left and now others are getting in a strop and not coming on here? I was not here when it was supposed to be good back in the days - everyone comes on here for a different reason - i come on here to get involved in the GFX section of the website. Instead of moaning/complaining why not throw in suggestions of how to increase the traffic, get more users involved, get new users more involved and build back that old reputation and look forward to new beginnings

No one from those who moan, did anything other, than contributing for themselves.
They actually don't care about the community as a whole, truth is that they want one justice for them, and other justice for others. Not one single moaner you can see on this topic, left any legacy behind him, shared ANY knowledge, that wasn't directly benefiting to them.

Point is, moderators are trying to protect those decent members, from trolls and scammers, and because they (scammers) are making new schemes, rules are getting tighter and tighter. BUT, if you're normal person, with common sense, it will not influence you a bit. It's all about respecting others. If you expect someone to respect you, you have to show that first. And not moan, when you get infracted over mindless posting.

It's like moaners (trolls, whatever you want to call them) are getting away from logic, and common sense, when they are typing those posts, being all tough and cocky, while there's no need for that. Because no staff here should take any bullshit that's being thrown at their direction. Whatever changed, yes, it's changed, so WHAT? Does this part really need further explanation? Forum is not a constant, new people are coming, old are going, stuff changes.

We, users, don't setup rules. (though we can contribute with rational suggestions, and arguments)
We like it, we stay, we don't, we move where it fits for us. There's bajillion of places on the internet, or after all, this is webmasters community, build your own forum, make your own rules, and try to deal with it differently from what you see here.

As I said, it all boils down to decency. If you can't write normal post without attacking someone, then don't write it at all, pass it. But most of these cocky members just like to provoke, and then cry, when they get punished. Because, no one wants to take that. Or read.

Get your common sense together, and be useful, if you want useful community, don't expect others to build it for you. Give others example. Lead.

That's the way how you should roll.

Last edited:
This says it all. This forum is not what it used to be and it won't go back due to who is now staff here and who owns the forum.

The old WJ was amazing and I hardly ever post anymore because I don't upload.

"I want the old WJ back."

Frankly, I'm kind of getting sick of hearing that same mantra being chanted by 'old' members here time and time again. This is the Internet. It evolves. It evolves faster than your real life. Times change, things change, people change, the industry changes. Adapt, or cry ('die' would be too extreme).

You will not get the old WJ back. The sooner you drill that fact into your head far enough, and this goes for everyone moaning about the 'old WJ', the better off you will be. You'll find it easier to adjust into this 'new' community if you let go off 'oh my old times'. I've been on WJ for a while now; since those 'old times' in fact. I don't see things having changed for the worse. The new administration team is doing what they believe is a fine line between personal benefit and community growth. The only ones moaning are the ones stuck in the past. Roll with the times.

As far as agendas are concerned, do keep in the mind that the old administration team had a very large Katz.cd to back them up financially. The advertisement prices they charged for the absolute shit quality of traffic they sent, was synonymous to daylight robbery. So I'm not surprised they did not stick a bunch of ads on WJ because, A) They did not need to, financially and B) This community was still small.

It's ok to not post. Just don't be an idiot and blame it on 'uploading'. I clearly pointed out a very straightforward route to hiding that 'minor' section. It's one category amongst many other categories and comprises of only 3 sub-categories. There's tons of other categories on this forum. What's your excuse going to be?

Fact is, ya'll just need a reason to moan and hate on this site. Then, now, and forever in the future. It's an ongoing cycle and it won't stop. You'll moan now, you'll moan even if things change according to your suggestions; then you'll just come up with newer suggestions and newer reasons to moan. I've been on WJ long enough to see that cycle repeat itself a fair few times over. The end result is the moaners frustrate themselves because things don't change (hint: they don't need to). They leave the site, eventually. The interesting part here is, their absence doesn't really impact the site as much as they expect or assume it will. New people come in. It's been like this, it will be like this.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Build-Time-Machine-Paul-Davies/dp/0142001864"]How to Build a Time Machine[/ame] [Paperback]

hhg9d.png

If you miss the old days so much....

Languages other than English are not allowed here. A shoutbox ban for that reason is legitimate.

Spamming the shoutbox is an obvious reason to ban.

Consistent disrespect of members on the CB is an instant ban. Cyberprince was banned for this reason. He is a known troll and is always throwing insults at members in the CB. If you were present in the CB frequent enough, you would know that.

Time and time again we've forbidden requesting/posting warez in the CB. That and NSFW images without prior warning. Getting banned for doing either of those two is perfectly legitimate.

I understand where you're coming from fanobliv, and I would hate it too if said mod infracted me for something I felt was unfair. I would do what you did - find every reason, valid or otherwise, to bash the staff member in question at every moment of opportunity.

The only problem here is - I've just negated every reason you put forward. You knocked off those reasons as if they mean nothing. But in a community as diverse and large as WJ, they mean a lot. They are rules. They were made to be followed, and breaking them will have consequences. What you did on an entirely different forum dedicated to warez is irrelevant. Go back there if you feel the rules here are not in sync with 10,000 other forums on the Internet. WDF won't ban you for bashing him, because unlike you, he's not an angry teenager. He's about as old as or older than your father, and that is a fact, not my assumption.

Try and be a little more respectful towards the members of staff on this community who actually police this place and keep it civil enough for you to enjoy what little you do. Because if they did not, you probably would never want to visit WJ again given the potential spam here. You don't know what goes on in the backend, so if you're going to judge staff, give them the benefit of doubt. We do a lot of work to keep this community clean, so you'll understand if I say that we do not appreciate someone randomly bashing us for reasons X, Y, and Z just because they do not agree with some rules of this community.

I am not angry at all, i just point out the obvious. You probably think you "know me" but meh... fano changed. I know their are rules that must be followed, but this isnt some sort of ... meh... k..

well franckly i don't care who the staff is as long as they are cool with me,old wj was good yea,one thing i miss now is the fact that we can't talk about warez etc this,i know some members were acting stupidly posting screenshots of their earning!the fact is that wj focus a lot on organic traffic and many stuff which shouldn't be indexed on google are on first page,may be we could have talked about whatever we want if this forum was private and only some sections open just my 2 cents.

personally i lost my interest in WJ now i m not daily visit WJ and stay here because now here is too many Mod which they are over smart so i dont like WJ any more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back