Wjunction traffic decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it does feel a little quiter than normal here. Could be the time of year or it could be the result of wjunction management practices. But that isnt our job to worry about as the general polulace. Let the moderators and admins run the site how they want (yea sure give suggestions, but dont be angry when they arent implemented). The effects of their rules and managment will be evident in the continued (or not) popularity of the site.

Just sit back, grab some popcorn and enjoy the show.....

Ok, now seriously. Although me and certain members of staff may have had our differences in the past overall they could be doing alot of worse job (etc certain other webmaster forums where just by mentioning warez its permaban... DP). And I know there is alot of cool stuff planned for the future. :)

I dont think at all that it is due to disputes between members, staff or whoever! I think that it really is down to the guys who came here to whore some business and after they got shot down by KIm.com and all the others who put Warez into the grave, have decided to tout for cheap goods and services elsewhere after realising that WJ is a platform for legit members and not cash-whores. Even though I dabble in warez forums, I do not make it my sole interest due to too many sites being unstable and innefficient. At least here you can get top advice, credible partnerships and life-long friends. Where else can u get that type of support? (And for all those who think Im kissing ass... whatever!)

I don't know what happen here, but I never seen any forums that ban users so fast :facepalm:=). I don't event know when I get ban too lol :D. I can do many things in others forum (white hat forums) but not in here.

I totally agree with the mods that WJ should punish and ban cheater. But all the website live because users, if WJ still ban users like this (base on the current rules), I'm afraid more people will leave. :'(

It's because of the stupid filehost section (which I wish it was closed down).

When the "pro hosts" went down, a boatload of "come today - gone tomorrow" hosts appeared.
People sign up, lose whatever they made (legit content or whatever) and then cry "scam!"

Rinse-repeat

Because this is not WJunction anymore! When I joined here 3 years ago to learn basic stuff about webmastering, designing and such, filehost threads and 10K uploaders begging for money were not here.

Now, it has became a boring, filehost/uploader focused forum. I don't upload nor do I own a filehost so I don't even feel like joining the discussions here and most good and respected members, real webmasters, have left the WJ.

I'd just rename it to UJunction (Uploader Junction) because WJ is not what it used to when Cobra, Stone and the rest were around.

Note, I'm not saying current staff team is doing a bad job but WJ has definitely changed it's focus over the past 2 years and most of the old members don't like it.

I was saying this very thing in the chatbox the other night, how the traffic has taken a pretty massive drop. I am sure some will disagree with this, and thats what discussions are for, but i agree with most of the comments here regarding the filehosting section, its turning more into just a place to spam and scam really more then anything else, seems there is a new PPD host appearing on a weekly basis, running for a month or 2 then vanishing, dont get me wrong, i could care less if the cashwhore uploaders get paid or not though.

I wont mention the banning practices of some of teh moderators here (not all, there are a couple decent ones), as that could easily result in a ban for me, which i would rather not happen of course.

I think losing the Filehost section all together would be a great move for WJ, sure it might lose that traffic, but how valuable is the content they are posting here honestly anyway? And there would still be some revenue from selling the header ads to webhosts, or really any other site that would like to advertise, just as it once was.

anyway, rant over by me, its no ones decision other then the higher ups i guess

they maintaining the Quality Which is Good in every aspects,
So from mine side it is improving in every Case

<3 Wjunction Admins

Could always have all the filehost crap on a subdomain so it's not always plasted all over the forums with users crying/bitching etc..

Here's how to avoid all that crying/bitching:

1) Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> Scroll all the way to the bottom and select all forums except the filehost forums to display in the latest posts.

2) Check screenshot below on instructions to collapse the filehost category so it is not visible to your eyes:

[slide]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7114595/Snap_2012.07.28_01h52m08s_001.png[/slide]

[slide]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7114595/Snap_2012.07.28_01h52m58s_002.png[/slide]

If you've done that, and are still whining, then may God help you. If you haven't done that, but prefer/choose to whine, then well.. good luck.

1 reason is that here is many and many Mod and admins and here is every one showing is efficiency to delete and closing thread thats why mostly people kick off WJ also here is not allowed anything to sell without proof and lot of other reason for decreasing traffic and in wj no one accept any suggestion that is reason
one more reason here is not very high quality webmasters and when you post something for help no body help you without money ah that is money making forum ? sorry for my bad english

Last edited:
I lost my interest here because of many reasons which I feel makes others too and in losing of traffic :

Admins being over smart : They should respect every member and not try to insult them, if the member says something to the admin the other mods ban them showing respect to the admin. Big LOL at the mods over this.

Too many filehosts : Wj seems to be a support forum for filehosts, it has lost its own dignity over the years. It makes it look like a robot where the commands are thrown and it walks.

Rules : BIG LOL AGAIN. The staff themselves break the rules and when a member does it, they are banned. I remember when I was a mod I was told by the admin(el_jentel1) that never use your power directly, always warn the user and give them warnings rather giving infractions. And the ban should be always used at the end and in very rare cases only if it is needed. But the mods now a days infract the users and ban them eventually. Happened with me many times. These things brings a negative impact on other users which shows how immature the staff is and how unprofessional they are.

There are many reasons like these and I don't want to point it out.

I rarely visit this forum now a days.

Don't get too cocky there, Happy.

Reason number one:

Your ideas are good, and yes, WJ hasn't implemented more than half of the good suggestions here. But that can be said for a lot of the member suggestions here. And you know what? It's not the staff as a wholes fault, it's the Administrators. Half of them only come here to talk in the chatbox. The other half reply to useless threads and don't seem like they're working on anything for the site. And I understand, we all have lives outside of WJunction. I understand that it can be hard managing a community with a lot of different people with a lot of opinions and thoughts. But to not think a single idea is worth working on and building upon? That just means they're lazy or don't care. Hawk has been one of the very few Administrators that have started making noticeable changes. If the Management team doesn't care enough to thrive and better this website, members will lose interest.

Reason number two:

The staff team overall.
I send this Private Message to Hawk a week or so ago.

The staff team needs to mature, I understand this is a forum, but it's also a privilege to be a staff member, not a right. You have to set the example for members to follow.

Don't worry, staff, it's not all your fault, here comes the rest.

Reason number three:

Members here are so disrespectful and just.. dkljffdsdf. This doesn't feel like a community anymore because of this. Where's the helping and where's the sharing? Most people here are just looking to make a quick buck and don't care if they scam or lie. Making money online, sure, okay, it's cool, but seriously? Don't make that your priority. Have fun, enjoy yourself, be nice, contribute, share, discuss, don't troll. WJunction should be a place where people can come and contribute things, share things, make friends, have fun.. at least, that's what it used to feel like. I think some of the senior members like myself would agree. WJunction has gotten boring. Specially with the growing File Hosts section and pointless general discussion topics.

WJunction can still thrive, but it has to be done with a community effort, that incudes Administrators, Super Mods, Moderators, Respected Members, Respected Coders, Members, etc.

Administrators should really try a new approach to things, listen to the community, try new things.
And the community should grow up a bit, and should be here because they want to see this site rise again, not to see it demise.

Well said Exel, I agree to your points.

they maintaining the Quality Which is Good in every aspects,
So from mine side it is improving in every Case

<3 Wjunction Admins

Deep its funny to see that you wrote something like this.

What kind of improvement can you see? Increase in staff (mods) increase in stupid crappy rules and threads which make no sense?

reason is bad administration, since EL J left the site and death of katz , new admins start to make their friends and girls as staff , and even make trolls like Hu***r as staff , how responsible these staff are? well Mindy was super mod and leaves her duty without even a word ... only staff i respect even when they banned me or abused me are Sp32,Hawk and that Norway guy some ejacuation or something

Made me laugh actually. OJ won't be happy to see this.

Last edited:
All the biggest uploader of wbb are banned here.
Lot of very important people who have knowlegde about uploading , filehosts & webmaster toolz are banned due to small reasons.
Mods are trying to ban maximum people.(sometimes this is good but not always).
I see many times users create thread but delete after few mins . i think this is not fair with user. The person who know about the problem, he also know how to solve this.
Talking about uploading toolz is banned e.g scene uploading toolz

I know this thread will be closed in few mins

Because this is not WJunction anymore! When I joined here 3 years ago to learn basic stuff about webmastering, designing and such, filehost threads and 10K uploaders begging for money were not here.

Now, it has became a boring, filehost/uploader focused forum. I don't upload nor do I own a filehost so I don't even feel like joining the discussions here and most good and respected members, real webmasters, have left the WJ.

I'd just rename it to UJunction (Uploader Junction) because WJ is not what it used to when Cobra, Stone and the rest were around.

Note, I'm not saying current staff team is doing a bad job but WJ has definitely changed it's focus over the past 2 years and most of the old members don't like it.

Yeah a few years ago it was cool here :)

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

Could always have all the filehost crap on a subdomain so it's not always plasted all over the forums with users crying/bitching etc..

Filehosts and all other ads are the only reason that WJ still exists. And not the great staff here running it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back