Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOSX

Hello WJ,

Introduction: I have been thinking this for a while now and not really made any suggestions to WJ recently so here we go. First off if you don't agree with this suggestion then please reply with details why and give a short explanation, additionally if you agree then please back me up with further ideas in a response to this thread.

Proposal: Basically what I would like to see here on WJ is some kind of system for members to be able to purchase a premier/elite/VIP membership. Before I carry on, I am aware there is a respected members user group and also a few others, this is NOT to replace them groups, it would be an addition to the current user groups. The new user group would be a supergroup people can buy there way into a user group and gain additional site features, for example there could be a new forum setup for this specific user group to post in and release new projects in private as anything posted at the moment is a public release which is not always the best thing as I no sometimes I have liked to give away some of my web designs for people to learn from and possibly code for there own use but would only like to release to dedicated WJunction members and not publicly that anyone can access. I am sure there is other members also that have been in this situation.

Payments: With ther been a pre-installed feature to vBulletin of the 'Paid Subscriptions' then I feel that would be perfect to make great use of and is also easy to customise if needed. With regards to the subscription prices then I would leave that all down to the administrators as I am sure they could manage that no issue and would be able to alter the price of the subscription over time. Finally, i feel that any memberships sold would bring a lot more money towards WJunction that can be spent on promoting WJunction even more, server fee's or even to pay external developers to code new features for the site.

Feedback: If you agree with me then feel free to reply with any ideas that could improve my suggestion, look forward to see'ing what other WJunction members think about my idea.

Thanks,
MrOSX <3

30 comments
If people are against the full membership then how about not a new supergroup but simply an additional forum for more users?

No, it would result in the following:
- A very, very inactive forum
- A group of people who like to think they're better than everyone else because they have some rank
- Paypal problems (one day some idiot would use a stolen paypal or open a dispute because they're stupid, this would put WJ's paypal at risk)

Probably other issues too which I can't think of right now.
Either way, it really isn't such a good idea at all in my honest opinion.

It's actually a great idea, except for the fact that this private section would be empty.
Seriously, in the last couple weeks, which is the most interesting and informative topic, that's been posted on WJ?

EDIT: In other words, I hardly see any more informative topics here.

i totally disagress with this proporsal :( Here at wj we agree on one term :
the sharing of information is free, and to anybody!!
So why to pay for it, we like it as it is!

^^
In case you don't know, there is a private section on WJ that is only accessible to Respected members and other colorful members.

No, it would result in the following:
- A very, very inactive forum

That is a wild guess, you can't know that, if you don't see it, live, on this forum applied.

- A group of people who like to think they're better than everyone else because they have some rank.

A group of marketers and affiliates, who don't like sharing their code, or ways of doing things, with bunch of noobs. For one, trolls won't buy subscription, and spam the shit of every thread someone opens here. It's annoying practice, some people got used to do. (just take a look on ThumperTM's post down, I would pay, to get rid of that shit)

But, you could also not like someone in paid subscription group as well. (ThumperTM for example, so, I would waste my money)
Noob can also buy subscription :) ( paid subscription inside paid subscription? )

- Paypal problems (one day some idiot would use a stolen paypal or open a dispute because they're stupid, this would put WJ's paypal at risk)

I do agree on this point. But there are ways around this, if there's enough will to implement this. Any idea can be done in a good way, if someone is not lazy to move his ass, and actually think of finding a solution. (not saying that you are lazy or similar, just a general thinking)

Not sure what to say, as a general conclusion. There's pros, and cons of this idea.

Last edited:
If you want to make a private project, make it privately! No one is forcing anyone to give their project details here in WJ. There are enough supergroup as it is, and members gain that by earning it. Money shouldn't come into the equation.

To be honest, the site is not going to be any more active/less active, the only difference will be that there is somewhere people can post private content knowing no n00bs will leak it.

To be honest, the site is not going to be any more active/less active, the only difference will be that there is somewhere people can post private content knowing no n00bs will leak it.
could you elaborate on the private content thingy ?
what type of content are you talking about ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back