WJ hasn't a successfull marketplace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj

Once when I was selling my site dlking, I got many bidders.
I contact the winner, he said he can't pay money.
Contacted second, he said he isn't interested to buy.
And then third highest bidder bought it.

Similarly, I was now selling another domain, 2 people made a bid.
1 said his cc is lost and 2nd said he isn't interested.
I made a new thread , selling only the domain. Someone made bid of $11 but said he can pay only $8 when contacted.

What do you think about this ?
________
Universal health

Last edited:
40 comments
Yeah true. But they shouldn't bid in that case.

And this is more than enough. Smoky, one who made $11 bid and saying will pay $8 now and rest later, didn't even pay me and telling he already opened a dispute too. lol
________
Iolite

Last edited:
Yeah true. But they shouldn't bid in that case.

And this is more than enough. Smoky, one who made $11 bid and saying will pay $8 now and rest later, didn't even pay me and telling he already opened a dispute too. lol

I honestly think they bid to boost there post count and hope someone else out bids them.

I honestly think they bid to boost there post count and hope someone else out bids them.

May be. But I think they bid to make themselves look active buyer without buying, like you said.

Minimum post count should be limited.
But I don't think it will help because all cases I had with had 200+ posts.
________
Toyota Ur Engine History

Last edited:
Such people are everywhere on the internet though. It's sad, but what can you do... :/

I signed up on this forums yesterday because I wanted to contact someone. Now that I'm here (and this forum looks really nice) I will hang out here for some time. I have too some goods I'd like to sell (some 1month RS account for example) but reading your post would discourage me. Do you think these people would open up a dispute over $4 just to scam me? :|

Such people are everywhere on the internet though. It's sad, but what can you do... :/

I signed up on this forums yesterday because I wanted to contact someone. Now that I'm here (and this forum looks really nice) I will hang out here for some time. I have too some goods I'd like to sell (some 1month RS account for example) but reading your post would discourage me. Do you think these people would open up a dispute over $4 just to scam me? :|

I wouldnt worry. The examples he provided were in the case the buyer not coming through to actually purchase the item. They wouldnt go through the trouble to scam for $5. Even if they do, please save proof and they would be ban rather fast.

People here are not scammers, but I would say spammers. They just bid and leave. They won't sure scam you I guess.
Couldn't agree more, I have bought many accounts from those members, by far all deals went smooth, none of them went sour :) Received some spam PMs though ;) That's normal ... Wjunction offers the safest marketplace as compared to other forums...

People also do it to help others. Put in a fake bid to up the price.

True, some people might surely be doing that. But lets assume some made a fake bid of $20 and then actual bid of $25 came. He should ($25 one) not run away after bidding.

Couldn't agree more, I have bought many accounts from those members, by far all deals went smooth, none of them went sour :) Received some spam PMs though ;) That's normal ... Wjunction offers the safest marketplace as compared to other forums...

Yes, its safe one. I don't see scammers here. But spammers mostly.
Like they bid and they won they tell that they don't want to buy, so its not scamming, its spamming I guess. Simply to increase their post or make themselves popular they make fake/spam bid.

should just start banning users who bid then dont come through after they have won problem solved

Yes, thats a good solution. In replies in this thread, I think almost all sellers are facing this problem. People who scam are banned I guess (if proof provided). If this rule is implemented of banning users who simply make a bid and make excuses when they win and refuse to buy, these people will surely not make fake bid.

I agree with the post above ^. 80% of the members here on WJ are poor and even think $10 is too much to buy a domain.

It's interesting to me that people on this site have such little money. Usually webmaster forums have sales of upwards of $1k going on in the marketplace. I've done over $1k worth of buying and selling here but the market is 99.9% kids who don't have money because they live at home or people who legitimately think they can make a living off warez uploading and whatnot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back