Status
Not open for further replies.
That's really just a one member's opinion. That's all you got? seeing you talking about members hating the new changes made me wonder, wtf was I missing?

have you been online after Mindy added new rule about filehosts.
Thats when things started to go downhill.

Oh and nice job for Staff.
I asked that this thread would be spam free and oh well STAFF MEMBERS are the ones who are posting useless replies.

I'm seriously wondering about the changes, no spam intended. Rules have been added for the filehost to go along with the changes that's been happening in that area, other than that, nothing could be considered "major" and i doubt it's effecting anyone except the uploaders.

Never uploaded any movies.
Thing is that filehosting was the biggest thing that damaged WJ

Thats the reason i made this thread.
Lets add up all the ideas in one thread so that staff could choose the ones that would work

^i knew you were gonna say that :))

I've way more but would come across as greedy if I listed them all. Here are the main ones.

Google+ Page
Reason: you can link it to WJ to gain publisher searches which greatly improves organic traffic in the new Google Personal Search

Author Intergration
Reason: If I have someone as a friend on G+ then anything they post on WJ will show up in my personal Google + Search results. An admin can PM me for more info on how to do this. It's about a 20 minute job.

Mobile Theme
Reason: Later this year their will be more mobiles in the world than people. That's just crazy.

Dedicated Tablet Theme
Reason: iPad 3 is launching next week and tablet usage is the fastest growing type of PC. Having a theme where you can swipe through topics and replies would increase user engagement and traffic.

Improved Feeds
Reason: Currently their are only RSS feeds for topics. Feeds should also be added for replies. You'd be amazed how useful they are if you know how to use them. I use them regular topic feed but it's not near as good.

Allow Developers to attach files
Reason: Currently if I post a file it can be downloaded by anyone. By allowing developers to attach files to posts it will encourage people to register on WJ instead of just visting, downloading and disappearing. Quiet of few of my releases have over 1000 downloads which could have being a lot of new members.

Link ignore user to Shoutbox
Reason: If I ignore a user on WJ I can still see them in the shoutbox. These should be linked.

Personal subscribe RSS Feed
Reason: If I subscribe to say 20 topics if I have my own feed then I can see outside of WJ when someone is contacting me. This would be an extension of the comments feed above.

Syntax highlight for different Languages
Reason: Only php is supported. We could have BB santax code (automatically detected) for C, js, css etc.

Improved UI
Reason: Take the Quote, Multi-Quote, Quick Reply, Like buttons or any others should have a rollover effect. This is just a simple basic example of how the UI could be improved.

Contact & Friends Bug
Reason: Ability to add person as contact ONLY after they send you friend request. Currently if you select add as contact it adds them as a friend instead. Then you have to remove them as a friend and add them as a contact. Small annoying bug.

This is for starters. If half this is done I'll write more after I recover from amazement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mobile Theme
Reason: Later this year their will be more mobiles in the world than people. That's just crazy.

Dedicated Tablet Theme
Reason: iPad 3 is launching next week and tablet usage is the fastest growing type of PC. Having a theme where you can swipe through topics and replies would increase user engagement and traffic.

Allow Developers to attach files
Reason: Currently if I post a file it can be downloaded by anyone. By allowing developers to attach files to posts it will encourage people to register on WJ instead of just visting, downloading and disappearing. Quiet of few of my releases have over 1000 downloads which could have being a lot of new members.

Syntax highlight for different Languages
Reason: Only php is supported. We could have BB santax code (automatically detected) for C, js, css etc.
These seem the more reasonable ones to go with tbh. Though just devs being able to support attached files seems a tad restrictive. BLaZe or however he 1337fagged his name wasn't a dev. whatsoever though he provided simple yet efficient php scripts for members to use. Just an example though.

I think Mindy's new rules just tried to push the "LOLIGOTS LIKE 1$ IN THIS FILEHOST JOIN NOW" type of spam. Doesn't really effect our traffic.

WJ was and will always be known as that half "warez" (as you call it) site. And since that aspect of the site went downhill, so did WJ. UI/Forum improvement won't help traffic grow (Though the mobile themes idea would make our audience a bit more expansive). Rollover effects don't get the bitches sorry MrH.

Last edited:
These seem the more reasonable ones to go with tbh. Though just devs being able to support attached files seems a tad restrictive. BLaZe or however he 1337fagged his name wasn't a dev. whatsoever though he provided simple yet efficient php scripts for members to use. Just an example though.

I think Mindy's new rules just tried to push the "LOLIGOTS LIKE 1$ IN THIS FILEHOST JOIN NOW" type of spam. Doesn't really effect our traffic.

WJ was and will always be known as that half "warez" (as you call it) site. And since that aspect of the site went downhill, so did WJ. UI/Forum improvement won't help traffic grow (Though the mobile themes idea would make our audience a bit more expansive). Rollover effects don't get the bitches sorry MrH.
From experience it's actually the first two that get more traffic. The author one is especially useful as you don't even have to be a friend or follow someone. What happens is it makes it easier for Google to tell which posts are mine and which are eg QuickSand and this allows Google to put posts by higher ranked people up the search results. Think of it like every single member having their own pagerank. This will help Google find the noods on WJ and rank the rest higher.

Remember you don't have to be logged into Google, use G+ or be a friend of anyone as Google itself can decide the best members.

As for attaching files that's a security issue so I'm suggesting only devs to start with. Can be rolled out to others if successful. Think of it as a trial

Hmm, Google trying to integrate social networking with index ranking.. Smart! Still feels a bit confusing to me and even if G+ was infact implemented, 10% of WJ would use it (until G+ has liftoff).

Hmm, Google trying to integrate social networking with index ranking.. Smart! Still feels a bit confusing to me and even if G+ was infact implemented, 10% of WJ would use it (until G+ has liftoff).

No theirs two parts to it. The first is the G+ part where you see your friends posts higher etc. The second is where you don't use G+, your not logged in, and you don't have friends. It's more of a way of making it easier for google to crawl a site and find the good stuff faster. It learns the members.

I'll try and get some examples and screenshots later

Alright well, Overall, I agree with your ideas but UI should be low priority on the to-do list but keep in mind that mobile theme! It would really help as far as I'm consider, especially with all those tablets coming out!

i hope this doesn't offend anyone because I don't mean it to be offensive or rude

sometimes at WJ (i havent been around that long - 2010)

some people post and get either 1. a smartass remark that really wasn't even funny or anything

or they get told "oh yea you only have 3 posts to this forum, blah blah" and on about how their comment either a. doesn't make sense or b. they disagree completely..

either way what do you think that person's gonna do? hmm maybe never come back..

and besides the thread just gets more off topic and if they are a noob and only have 3 posts, they probably aren't going to be back to read your dumbass remark

see what I mean? just more for people who might come back and check out the thread to weed through, and what does it prove? new people aren't welcome?

and you know what I know some people who do know their shit and probably know more than pry half the staff... not trying to offend anybody k and they have 0 posts.

new members are cool, you know why? because everybody here was new once. so everything on here basically came from someone who was once new

just my opinion no offense to anyone.. i think wj is cool so i'm just saying what I think thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back